Welcome to 1st Grade!
Our goal for the school year is to create classroom environments where students will always feel welcome, safe, and, most importantly, excited to learn!
Check back regularly for updates and important information.
Don't forget to check out the different resources available under the Homework & Resource tab, including sight word flash cards, different sight word activities, math fact cards, and learning websites.
Please take some time to browse our First Grade website. Each tab at the top has a drop down linking to more information. We work hard to keep the website up to date and often you can find answers to many of your questions by visiting the website. We highly encourage you to focus on the First Grade Announcements tab at this time to review first grade expectations and other school procedures.
Arbor Day Celebration
Saturday, March 7
Living History Day
Save the date for our Living History Day on Wednesday, February 26th from 8:45-9:20am. The show will be held in your child’s classroom. Students should come to school dressed up in their costumes. After the performance, students will change back into their regular school clothes.
**On the day of the performance, a table will be set up at the front of the school with visitor sign in sheets by class. All visitors MUST SIGN IN and WEAR A VISITOR BADGE before coming to classrooms. The tables will be set up from 8:15-8:35. Once signed in, please wait in the center courtyard at the front of the school and wait to go to classrooms until 8:40.**
If you have lost the directions for the Living History Day speeches, please download from the link(s) below:
Carpool Line Reminders
- First Grade teachers will accompany students out to the carpool line for the first couple weeks of school while they learn the routine and rules. It is very important that you are on time to pick up your students so they do not have to wait longer than necessary. After the first few weeks, students will be escorted out at the end of the day, but only the staff member on carpool duty will be out at carpool line. Please help follow the carpool rules so everyone can be picked up safely and quickly. Thank you!
- Please do not wait at the classroom for your student or crowd the hallway as students exit. The front of the school is far more spacious and it will help kids get to their families quicker.
- Carpool Line Reminder: Please help do your part and pull all the way forward in both morning and afternoon carpool line before having your child leave or enter your car. If cars ahead of you are about to move, please wait and pull forward to help the line move along. Often times in the morning, staff is unable to park due to parents either not pulling forward or just parking at the curb. IT IS NOT SAFE TO LET KIDS EXIT OR ENTER THE CAR WHILE AWAY FROM THE CURB. This is for the safety of everyone at school that we ask that you follow these carpool rules. Thank you for your support in following BL rules.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Week of November 18-22, Parent-Teacher Conferences: 12:15 dismissal all week.
- Week of November 25-29, Thanksgiving Break: No School
- •December 23- January 3, Winter Break: No School. School resumes Monday, January 6.