Drop-off & Pick-up
Safety is the most important consideration during drop-off and pick-up. If a staff member asks you to pull forward before your child exits/enters your car, please do so. This helps everyone safely and quickly get to where they need to go. Remember, we are all role models for students.
- Please remember that as of right now, morning supervision does not start until 7:45. Please do not drop your student off prior to that time.
- When students arrive at school, they are now responsible first graders and are able to put their backpacks away in the designated spots by their classrooms.
- Once students put backpacks away, they should go to the yard, beyond the blue line. Parents, please stay on the other side of the blue line.
- As soon as the first bell rings at about 8:13, please head off campus. It is difficult for the teachers and students to start our morning with parents hanging around.
- If your child arrives after 8:15, please walk them to the office to receive a tardy/late slip.
- School is dismissed at 2:17 (12:36 classroom dismissal/1:06 lunch dismissal on Wednesdays). Teachers will walk their classes out to the designated pick-up spot, but will not be waiting with students (with the exception of the first few days of school while routines are being established). There is always a teacher on carpool duty. It is imperative that you are in the carpool line by 2:17 so that your student is not left standing outside for an extended period of time. If you are delayed in picking your child up and the 4th/5th grade carpool line has already started, by 2:30 you will need to park in the visitor spots and walk in to pick up your child behind the blue line in the lunch shelter.
- Please do not wait outside of the classrooms or in the court yard.
- It is important for your child to understand his/her after-school arrangements. Your child will be escorted from the classroom to the carpool area.
- Students who go to the YMCA will continue to go directly to the area outside the MPR. Please remind your students, as we are, that they are not allowed to go into the MPR.
- Students going to sibling yard or homework club proceed directly to the lunch area.
- Enrichment students will go to their designated area once that is announced.
- Carpool line: Kids group by grade level near the carpool line. First grade is right at the front by the dolphin.
Other carpool considerations:
- As mentioned above, safety is imperative!
- Have your child ready to get out of the car when you come to a stop, before you enter carpool line.
- Pull all the way forward. If it looks like the car in front of you is about to move, please have your child wait to exit/enter the car until you pull forward.
- No cellphone use while in carpool line.
- Reduce other distractions in the car during carpool time.
- Please limit conversations to help carpool line flow.
- Drive slowly and watch for children and cars pulling in/out.
Thank you for all of your help and support so far and going forward!