Welcome to 1st Grade!
Our goal for the school year is to create classroom environments where students will always feel welcome, safe, and, most importantly, excited to learn!
Check back regularly for updates and important information.
Don't forget to check out the different resources available under the Homework & Resource tab, including sight word flash cards, different sight word activities, math fact cards, and learning websites.
Please take some time to browse our First Grade website. Each tab at the top has a drop down linking to more information. We work hard to keep the website up to date and often you can find answers to many of your questions by visiting the website. We highly encourage you to focus on the First Grade Announcements tab at this time to review first grade expectations and other school procedures.
DOLPHIN DASH KICKS OFF THIS WEEK!
GET READY TO KICK THINGS OFF TUESDAY, JANUARY 21ST!
First grade runs Friday, January 31, from 10:30-11:30.
Dolphins, get ready to run, walk, and jog, because the 2020 Dolphin Dash is coming! This year, we are partnering with APEX Leadership Company to run the event -- they're focused on leadership qualities and are well-versed in our Student 360 character traits!
The event will kick off on Tuesday, 1/21 with an assembly for all grades, explaining the event and our partnership with APEX. All students will begin to collect pledges from 1/21 - 1/31, and will culminate in the Dolphin Dash event on 1/31. Each of our classes have fun rewards for different levels of donations and we hope to reach 100% participation! We will need parent volunteers on the day of the event, so check out the SignUpGenius and sign up to help! Grade-specific event times are listed on the SignUpGenius page.
Questions about the event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Carpool Line Reminders
- First Grade teachers will accompany students out to the carpool line for the first couple weeks of school while they learn the routine and rules. It is very important that you are on time to pick up your students so they do not have to wait longer than necessary. After the first few weeks, students will be escorted out at the end of the day, but only the staff member on carpool duty will be out at carpool line. Please help follow the carpool rules so everyone can be picked up safely and quickly. Thank you!
- Please do not wait at the classroom for your student or crowd the hallway as students exit. The front of the school is far more spacious and it will help kids get to their families quicker.
- Carpool Line Reminder: Please help do your part and pull all the way forward in both morning and afternoon carpool line before having your child leave or enter your car. If cars ahead of you are about to move, please wait and pull forward to help the line move along. Often times in the morning, staff is unable to park due to parents either not pulling forward or just parking at the curb. IT IS NOT SAFE TO LET KIDS EXIT OR ENTER THE CAR WHILE AWAY FROM THE CURB. This is for the safety of everyone at school that we ask that you follow these carpool rules. Thank you for your support in following BL rules.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Week of November 18-22, Parent-Teacher Conferences: 12:15 dismissal all week.
- Week of November 25-29, Thanksgiving Break: No School
- •December 23- January 3, Winter Break: No School. School resumes Monday, January 6.