Transport & accommodation
There are many transport options for visiting the Festival destinations in and around Drysdale.
Drysdale is on the Bellarine Peninsula, Victoria, Australia.
- A designated area for people with disabilities is available at the venue.
- Driving from Melbourne takes approximately 1.5 hours from Melbourne's CBD. Head to Geelong and follow the signs to the Bellarine Peninsula.
- Driving from Geelong. Drysdale is approximately 15 minutes from central Geelong.
- Train. Geelong has regular Vline rail services from regional and urban areas in Victoria. Many trains connect to Route 60 and Route 61 bus services direct to Drysdale (see buses below).
- Bus. Drysdale is served by buses between Geelong and around destinations on the Bellarine Peninsula including Portarlington. For details link here: www.mcharrys.com.au
- Port Phillip Ferries offers a ferry service between Docklands, Melbourne and Portarlington on the Bellarine and Geelong. Portarlington is approximately a 10 minute taxi drive (10 km) from Drysdale. Route 60 and 61 McHarry's buses also link between Drysdale and Portarlington and Drysdale and Geelong.
- Searoad Ferries offers a ferry service between Sorrento, Mornington Peninsula and Queenscliff on the Bellarine Queenscliff is approximately a 15 minute taxi drive (15 km) from Drysdale.
- Taxis on the Bellarine. Bellarine Taxis (Phone 13 22 11) have an online booking service - link here. You can also download a booking App from this link.
There is a wide range of accommodation available locally - here are some links to help you in your search
- 323 on Jetty Bed and Breakfast, Drysdale.
- Drysdale House Bed and Breakfast 122 High Street, Drysdale, Victoria 3222 Ph. 03 5251 3175; Mob. 0412 520 789; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bellarine Big 4,cabins: 52515744.
- Eagleview Bed and Breakfast: 5251 2397.
- Air BnB Drysdale - link to 62 properties locally
- www.stayz.com.au- link to 6 properties locally
- Q train accommodation list - excellent list of local accommodation
Trip Advisor information about Drysdale