Initiated in 2011 by the Drysdale, Clifton Springs, Community Association Inc. (DCSCA) the annual Festival of Glass has grown from a one-day event at one venue to a series of events at venues across the North Bellarine; and it remains the only event of its kind in Australia.
It is a non-profit enterprise run entirely by volunteers.
The Festival of Glass promotes all forms of glass art (sculptural, wearable & functional) across the full spectrum of hot and cold glass techniques (e.g. flamework, studio/furnace glass, kiln formed glass, etching, stained glass, leadlight, mosaics and beadwork).
WHAT WE DO
Each year's Festival of Glass creates and curates a variety of events to promote and celebrate glass art:
- an Expo featuring the work of forty plus artists
- demonstrations and workshops by local and international glass artists
- Awards promoting excellence, exposure and peer recognition
- a Treasure Hunt, with prizes commissioned from glass artists
- public glass art installations
- professional development and mentorship programs.
The Festival of Glass, the only one of its kind in Australia, is a unique and distinctive cultural and social event.
It's mission is to celebrate the beauty, adaptability and usefulness of glass; and highlights the interconnections between glass art, craft and industry.
The Festival aims to support local:
- glass art practices
- social and cultural identity
- cultural economy
- artistic and cultural skills
- environmental sustainability.