Frequently Asked Questions
Please be in touch with any questions you have that are not covered on this page.
- I’m travelling from interstate to exhibit at the conference – can I have my materials sent to the conference venue before I arrive in Melbourne?
- The FoG is able to accept deliveries of exhibitor materials to our PO Box or a private address if organised in advance. However, it is the responsibility of the exhibitor to insure these items. FoG accepts no responsibilities for loss of items sent in this way.
- Are any of my meals included?
- The Exhibitor registration does not include meals. There will be a sausage sizzle and some food vans will be on site at the venue, and hot and cold drinks will be available.
- When can I set up my exhibit?
- Display tables can be set up from ; Saturday 12.00 pm to 5.00 pm or Sunday 7.00 am to 9.00 am. FoG opens to the public on Sunday at 10 am until 4 pm. Exhibitors will be sent more detailed information about the specific processes for set up as the Festival nears.
- When can I pack up my exhibit?
- We request that all exhibits are packed up on the Sunday after the public depart at 4.00 pm.
- Do I need to bring my own table for my exhibit?
Yes. Site fees will be charged at $40.00 per lineal metre. Additional charges apply if we supply a table for you.
- Do I need to bring my own chair for my exhibit?
- It is preferable to bring your own seating as an exhibitor.
- Do I need to bring my own lighting for my exhibit?
- If your exhibit requires lighting, please bring it along. The FoG has 240 v. power available. You should bring your own power leads and powerboards if you need them but these must have been tested and tagged.
- Is parking included in my exhibitor registration? Where can I park?
- Car parking is available in nearby car parks. The venue's car park will be used for Disabled Parking on the day, and is therefore not available for exhibitors
- Refunds. What happens if I have registered as an exhibitor but can no longer attend the FoG?
- Please let us know in writing as soon as possible either by email or fax. The FoG is run by a not-for-profit organisation and it must cover all costs associated with the FoG. Cancellation fees will be handled by negotiation with the FoG Committee and in line with our Terms and Conditions.
- Will the FoG provide financial support for delegates? Can the FoG sponsor delegates?
- The Festival of Glass is a not-for-profit organization and therefore is unable to provide financial assistance to individuals who cannot afford the charges (registration fee, airfare and accommodation costs) that may be incurred in attending our Festival. We can only provide financial support for delegates if we receive sponsorship or specific grant-aid for specific delegates.
Presenters for workshops
- Can the FoG print copies of the notes and handouts I want to give to the people that attend my session?
- The FoG is unable to print notes, slides, readings or handouts for presenters to distribute in their sessions. We recommend that presenters bring along approximately 20-30 copies of the materials they wish to distribute. If this is not enough, we suggest taking down contact details of people and sending electronic copies after the FOG.
2016 Festival of Glass Expo
Inside Christian College, Drysdale setting up before the crowds arrive.
Photo: Chris Adam