Constitution of the Society
Hessle Local History Society
- The Society shall be called the Hessle Local History Society.
- The aims and objects of the Society shall be:
- Research into the history of Hessle.
- The collection and preservation of historical evidence, including photographs, documents and publications.
- To arrange talks, discussion and exhibitions.
- To circulate or publish work of local historical interest.
- The Society shall be directed by a Chairman, Hon Secretary, Hon Treasurer and such other officers and Committee as the members shall appoint.
- Membership shall be open to all persons on payment of an annual subscription payable by the April meeting in each year. The amount of the annual subscription shall be determined at the AGM.
- The Annual General Meeting shall be held in November.
- The Financial year of the Society shall end on the last day of October.
- The Society shall meet in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November.
- Persons who have rendered distinguished service in the affairs of the Society may be elected Honorary Members. This shall entitle them to a lifetime individual membership.
This constitution was agreed at the AGM on 15th November 2012.