Kamenetz Announces Drop-Off Locations for Storm Debris Water Available at Fire Stations
Post date: Nov 01, 2012 9:57:11 AM
Towson, MD (October 30, 2012) - In the wake of the damage created by Hurricane Sandy, Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz announced that the County will provide free dumpsters for tree debris and yard waste at select fire stations and will allow residents to fill containers with water from fire stations beginning Thursday of this week. The dumpsters are for yard and tree debris only. Other materials such as damaged carpet, wallboard, gutters, damaged furniture, and home siding may be delivered to one of the County's drop-off centers.
"We've done this in the past and we understand that this most recent storm created disruptions all across the region," Kamenetz said. "Our crews are working all across the County, and I want to make sure that we are using all of our resources to assist County residents in their cleanup efforts."
Water Available at All Fire Stations - Bring Your Own Container
Residents are invited to bring containers to all Baltimore County career and volunteer fire stations to fill with water from the station's outdoor spigots.
Tree and Yard Waste Debris Dumpsters at Designated Fire Stations
The Department of Public Works will place dumpsters at designated fire stations in hardest hit areas so that residents may dispose of storm related tree debris. Only storm-related tree debris and yard waste will be accepted at these sites. Dumpsters are available to the public at least through November 4 and longer if necessary. The locations are:
· Arbutus Volunteer Fire Station - 5200 Southwestern Boulevard
· Bowleys Quarters Volunteer Fire Station - 900 Bowleys Quarters Road
· Eastview Fire Station - 1056 Old Northpoint Road, Dundalk
· Lutherville Volunteer Fire Station - 1609 Bellona Avenue
· Parkville Fire Station - 8530 Old Harford Road (dumpster will be on the parking lot of American Legion next door)
· Pikesville Volunteer Fire Station - 40 E. Sudbrook Road
· Liberty Road Volunteer Fire Station - 10010 Liberty Road
· Westview Fire Station - 6300 Johnnycake Road
In addition to these temporary dumpsters at designated fire stations, residents may deliver other debris to the County's drop-off centers:
6259 Days Cove Road
White Marsh, MD 21162
201 Warren Road
Cockeysville, MD 21030
3310 Transway Road
Halethorpe, MD 21227
Storm recovery information continues to be updated on Twitter@bacoemergencyand on the County's web site, baltimorecountymd.gov .