CHANGING B6 REAR BRAKE PADS WITHOUT VCDS
CHANGING B6 REAR BRAKE PADS WITHOUT VCDS.
Can I change B6 rear brake pads without VCDS or some other electronic aid.
The answer is “Yes”.
The following method relies on “a calculation” of the epb controller on/off time for the motors.
You will need a;
Set of torx bits
Jack & axle stands
Basic socket set and spanners.
What to do.
1. Park on level solid ground, don’t apply epb.
2. Chock front wheels, jack up rear of car and support on stands under sills.
3. Remove both wheels.
4. Locate epb motor (The black plastic bit), undo and remove the two torx mounting bolts.
5. Pull and slightly twist (don’t twist much in case you crack the case) the epb until it comes off the caliper. (It may be very tight.)
6. Do this for both epb motors and hang them on some string or wire, out of the way.
***TO VIEW THE REST OF THIS PAGE YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE***