Society Officers, Membership & Competitions
2019 - 2020 Officers and Membership
* = officer in the Society Committee
The Society constitution can be seen here. In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation which came into effect on 25th May 2018, the Society processes personal data about members for the purposes of running the Society, to collect subscriptions and communicate with members, as we have a legitimate interest in doing so in order to run the Society. Personal data will not be disclosed outside the Society without explicit prior consent.
The annual membership subscription is £15 (not applicable to visitors trying us out). Members of the Society are entitled to participate in the Leamington & Warwick circuit of the Solihull Philatelic Society Exchange Packet (see here for rules, please print off and return the application form at the bottom of the rules). Tea or Coffee, and a biscuit, is normally available during the interval of our meetings (50p a cup).
The annual Society competition is in five classes judged by the members. All members are encouraged to participate with at least a one-sheet entry.
- Hire Senior Cup (1 frame, eg. 9 A4 sheets or equivalent of Traditional Stamps)
- Sharp Postal History Cup (1 frame, eg. 9 A4 sheets or equivalent of Postal History)
- Armstrong Thematic Cup (1 frame, eg. 9 A4 sheets or equivalent of Thematics)
- Open Cup - Anything (1 frame, eg. 9 A4 sheets or equivalent of anything)
- Smith One-Sheet Cup (1 sheet of anything)