COVID-19 - Effective from Monday 8 June 12pm - we are now at level 1
The Golden Rules for everyone at Alert Level 1.
1. If you are sick, stay home. Don't go to work or school. Don't socialise!
2. If you have a cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested!
3. Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands!
4. Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
5. If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately!
6. If you're concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy!
7. Keep track of where you've been and who you';ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this!
8. Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
9. Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
10. People will have had different expreiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you're feeling - it's okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself!
Any declared emergency, we will endeavour to get this page updated as soon as possible.
Please check the Civil Defence website or facebook. Listen to 90.9fm.