- Socio-Economic Status and Inequalities in Children's IQ and Economic Preferences (with Thomas Deckers, Armin Falk, Fabian Kosse, and Hannah Schildberg-Hörisch), Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming. Paper HCEO Research Spotlight
- Revisiting the Marshmellow Test: On the Interpretation of Replication Results (with Armin Falk and Fabian Kosse), Psychological Science, forthcoming.
- The Formation of Prosociality: Causal Evidence on the Role of Social Environment (with Thomas Deckers, Armin Falk, Fabian Kosse, and Hannah Schildberg-Hörisch), Journal of Political Economy, forthcoming. Paper HCEO Research Spotlight
- Paternal Grandfather’s Access to Food Predicts All-cause and Cancer Mortality in Grandsons (with Vanda Aronsson, Gerard van den Berg, and Denny Vågerö), Nature Communications, 2018, 9: 5124. Paper
- Locus of Control and Consistent Investment Choices (with Heiner Schumacher and Sebastian Schäfer), Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics, 2018, 75: 66–75. Paper Appendix
- Predicting Experimental Choice Behavior and Life Outcomes from Survey Measures of Present Bias, Economics Bulletin, 2017, 37 (3), 2162-2172. Paper
- Instrumental Variable Estimation of the Causal Effect of Hunger Early in Life on Health Later in Life (with Gerard van den Berg and Johannes Schoch), The Economic Journal, 2016, 126 (3): 465–506. Paper
- Early-Onset Paternal Smoking and Offspring Adiposity: Further Investigation of a Potential Intergenerational Effect Using the HUNT Study (with David Carslake, George Davey Smith and Pål Romundstad), PLoS ONE, 2016, 11(12): e0166952. Paper
- Maintaining (Locus of) Control? Data Combination for the Identification and Inference of Factor Structure Models (with Rémi Piatek), Journal of Applied Econometrics, 2016, 31(3): 734-755. Paper Online Appendix
- Transgenerational Effects of Childhood Conditions on Third Generation Health and Education Outcomes (with Gerard van den Berg), Economics and Human Biology, 2016, 23: 103-120. Paper
- The Compromise Effect in Action: Lessons from a restaurant’s menu (with Isabel Ruhmer-Krell and Heiner Schumacher), Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 2016, 128: 14-34. Paper Online Appendix
- Come Back or Stay? Spend Here or There?, International Migration, 2010, 48 (5): 142–173. Paper
- Contexts, Compliance and Imperfect Recall - Using Two-sample IV to Estimate Average Causal Effects of Child Human Capital Investments, Bonn Journal of Economics, 2014, 3, (2): 119-128. Paper
- Context, Skills and Social Progress: Evidence from Germany (with D. Blomeyer, M. Laucht, F. Pfeiffer and K. Reuß), Report commissioned by the OECD, 2014.
- Patterns and Trends of Migration and Remittances in Moldova (with M. Luecke and T. O. Mahmoud). International Organization for Migration, 2007.
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Mentoring and Schooling Decisions: Causal Evidence (with Armin Falk and Fabian Kosse)
- The Gender Gap in Wage Expectations (with Jan Bergerhoff, Lukas Kießling and Philipp Seegers)