The Lagunita Elementary School District was established in 1897. The original "little red schoolhouse" was moved to the Boronda Adobe Historical Site and restored by the Historical Society in 1985. Our present building reflects the feeling and character of that original school as it was built to its specifications. Lagunita School District is one of 7 single-school districts in Monterey County. Multigrade, individualized attention that epitomizes our early education system continues here. The certificated staff consists of our Principal/Superintendent, 5 full-time teachers, and a part-time Resource Specialist. The classified staff includes a full-time secretary and a full-time aide/assistant. In the 23/24 school year, Lagunita will become a K-6 school.