I supervise a number of students writing theses at PhD level, a large number of MSc students each summer writing dissertations, and throughout each academic year a similarly large number of undergraduate students writing extended essays at the University of Birmingham.
This page will collect useful information for both my students and for me.
Current PhD Students
- Hafsa Shoukat (3rd year), Economics of Conflict, supervision with Joo Young Jeon.
- Duo Xu (3rd year), Financial sector modelling in DSGE models, supervision with Alex Mihailov (lead).
- Ruqayya Aljifri (2nd year), Fiscal Policy and Oil Prices, supervision with Simon Burke (lead).
- Mesheal Batarfi (2nd year), Privatisation of Sporting Infrastructure, supervision with Mark Casson and Minyan Zhu.
- Steven Opata (2nd year, part time by distance), empirical monetary policy in developing economies, supervision with Simon Burke.
- Muayad Ismail (2nd year, by distance), Economics of Conflict in the Sudan, supervision with Joo Young Jeon.
- Andrew Clark (2nd year, part time by distance), Reserve Currencies and Instability, joint with Alex Mihailov (lead).
- Philip Ramirez (1st year), Sport and Betting, joint with Carl Singleton.
- Matthew Yeo (1st year), political events and social media, joint with David Marshall.
- Alanood Duhaim Alotaibi (1st year, distance joint with Princess Nourh University, Riyadh), joint with Simon Burke.
- Nathan Jones (1st year, by distance), joint with Simon Burke and Shixuan Wang.
- Wei-Fong Pan (2nd year, by distance), joint with Simon Burke and Shixuan Wang.
Completed PhD Students
- Tae-yong Kwon (joint with John Fender)
- Cansu Unver (joint with Nick Horsewood)
- Chi Vu (joint with Andy Mullineux)
- Vasileios Manasis (Sparta University, Greece, joint with Vassiliki Avgerinou and Ioannis Ntzoufras)