Publications and Patents
Publications & Patents
(Issadore Lab members in bold, #: equal contribution)
(61) S. J. Shepherd, D. Issadore#, M. J. Mitchell#, Microfluidic formulation of nanoparticles for biomedical applications, Submitted, 2020.
(60) M.J. Siedlik, Z. Yang, P. S. Kadam, J. Eberwine, and D. Issadore, Micro and nano devices for studying subcellular biology, Submitted, 2020.
(59) Y. Lan, A. Wu, S. Han, S. Yadavali, D. Issadore, K.J. Stebe, D. Lee, Scalable Synthesis of Janus Particles with High Naturality, Submitted, 2020.
(58) N. Shah, V. Iyer, Z. Gao, Z. Zhang, V. Yelleswarapu, F. Aflatouni, A.T.C. Johnson, and D. Issadore, Graphene micro-Hall sensors for the In-flow detection of rare cells, Submitted, 2020.
(57) D. Issadore, V. Iyer, Z. Yang, J. Ko, R. Weissleder, Advancing Microfluidic Diagnostic Chips for Clinical Use, Submitted, 2020.
(56) S. Muraoka, A. M. DeLeo, H. Tatebe, Z. Yang, Y. K. Wang, K. Yukawa-Takamatsu, Y. You , S. Ikezu , T. Tokuda , D. Issadore , R. A. Stern, T. Ikezu, Protein profiling of biomarkers in extracellular vesicles isolated from plasma of former National Football League players at risk for chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Submitted, 2020.
(55) K. Beard, D. F. Meaney, D. Issadore, Clinical applications of extracellular vesicles in the diagnosis and treatment of traumatic brain injury, Journal of Neurotrauma, doi: 10.1089/neu.2020.6990, 2020.
(54) S. Muraoka, A.M. DeLeo, M.K. Sethi, K. Yukawa-Takamatsu, Z. Yang, J. Ko, J. D. Hogan, Z. Ruan,Y. You, Y. K.Wang, M. Medalla, S. Ikezu, W. Xia1, S. Gorantla, H. E. Gendelman, D. Issadore, J. Zaia, T. Ikezu, Proteomic Profiling and Biological Characterization of Extracellular Vesicles Isolated from Human Alzheimer’s Disease Brain Tissues, Alzheimer's & Dementia: The Journal of the Alzheimer's Association(BioRxiv), 2020.
(53) H. Shen, T. Liu, J. Cui, P. Borole, A. Benjamin, K. Kording, D. Issadore, A Web-based Automated Machine Learning Platform to Analyze Liquid Biopsy Data, Lab on a Chip, https://doi.org/10.1039/D0LC00096E, 2020.
(52) Z. Yang, M. J. LaRiviere, J. Ko, J. Till, T. Christensen, S. Yee, T. Black, K. Tien, N. Bhagwat, A. Lin, A. Adallah, M. H. O’Hara, C. M. Vollmer, B. W. Katona, B. Z. Stanger, D. Issadore, and E.L. Carpenter, A multi-analyte panel consisting of extracellular vesicle miRNAs and mRNAs, cfDNA, and CA19-9 shows utility for diagnosis and staging of pancreatic adenocarcinoma, Clinical Cancer Research, DOI: 10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-19-3313, 2020.
(51) J. Liu, Z. Lan, C. Ferrari, J. Stein, E. Higbee-Dempsey, L. Yan, Z. Cheng, D. Issadore#, A. Tsourkas#, Use of oppositely-polarized external magnets to improve the accumulation and penetration of magnetic nanocarriers into solid tumors, ACS Nano, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsnano.9b05660.
(49) J. Ko, M. Hemphill, Z. Yang, E. Sewell, J. Shallcross, M. Schweizer, D. K. Sandsmark, R. Diaz-Arrastia, Junhyong Kim, David Meaney#, David Issadore#, Multidimensional mapping of brain-derived extracellular vesicle (EV) miRNA biomarker for traumatic brain injury diagnostics, Journal of Neurotrauma, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1089/neu.2018.622.
(48) V. R. Yelleswarapu, J. Baron, E. Inapuri, J. R. Buser, D. Issadore, Mobile Platform for Rapid Sub pg/mL, Multiplexed, Digital Droplet Detection of Proteins, PNAS, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1814110116.
(47) H. Jeong, Z. Chen, S. Yadavali, J. Xu, D. Issadore#, Daeyeon Lee#, Large-Scale Production of Compound Bubbles Using Parallelized Microfluidics for Efficient Extraction of Metal Ions, Lab on a Chip, 2019, DOI: 10.1039/C8LC01267A.
(46) J. Ko, M. Hemphill, Z. Yang, E. Sewell, YJ. Na, D. K. Sandsmark, S. A. Fisher, E. A. Torre, R. Diaz-Arrastia, J. Kim, D. F. Meaney, D. Issadore, Diagnosis of traumatic brain injury using machine learning based miRNA signatures in nanomagnetically isolated brain- derived exosomes, Lab on a Chip, 2018, DOI: 10.1039/C8LC00672E.
(45) J. F. Liu, N. Neel, P. Dang, M. Lamb, J. McKenna, L. Rodgers, B. Litt, Z. Cheng, A. Tsourkas#, D. Issadore#, Radiofrequency-triggered drug release from nanoliposomes with millimeter-scale resolution using a superimposed static gating field, Small, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/smll.201802563.
(44) J. Ko, N. Bhagwat, T. Black, S. Yee, Y. Na, S. Fisher, J. Kim, E. Carpenter, B. Stanger, and D. Issadore, miRNA profiling of magnetic nanopore-isolated extracellular vesicles for the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, Cancer Research, DOI: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-17-3703, 2018.
(43) H. Jeong, S.H. Han, S. Yadavali, J. Kim, D. Issadore#, D. Lee#, Moldable Perfluoropolyether-Polyethylene Glycol Networks with Tunable Wettability and Solvent Resistance for Rapid Prototyping of Droplet Microfluidics, Chemistry of Materials, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.7b05043, 2018.
(42) J.E. Mealy, J.J. Chung, H. Jeong, D. Issadore, D. Lee, P. Atluri, J.A. Burdick, Self- assembled and injectable colloidal hydrogels with multifunctional properties for biomedical applications, Advanced Materials, DOI: 10.1002/adma.201705912, 2018.
(41) S. Yadavali, H. Jeon, D. Lee, D. Issadore, All Silicon and Glass, Very Large Scale Microfluidic Droplet Integration for the Terascale Generation of Polymer Microparticles, Nature Communications, DOI:10.1038/s41467-018-03515-2, 2018.
(40) J. Ko#, S. N. Baldassano#, P. Loh, K. Kording, B. Litt, D. Issadore, Machine Learning To Detect Signatures of Disease in Liquid Biopsies - A User’s Guide, Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C7LC00955K, 2018.
(39) J. Ko, N. Bhagwat, S. S. Yee, N. Ortiz, A. Sahmoud, T. Black, N. M. Aiello, L. McKenzie, M. O’Hara, C. Redlinger, J. Romeo, E. L. Carpenter, B. Z. Stanger, D. Issadore, Combining Machine Learning and Nanofluidic Technology to Diagnose Pancreatic Cancer Using Exosomes, ACS Nano, DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b05503, 2017.
(37) J. Ko, N. Bhagwat, S. S. Yee, C. Redlinger, J. Romeo, M. O’Hara, A. Raj, E. L. Carpenter, B. Z. Stanger, D. Issadore, A magnetic micropore chip for rapid (< 1 hour) unbiased circulating tumor cell isolation and in-situ RNA analysis, Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C7LC00703E, 2017.
(35) V.R. Yelleswarapu, H. Jeong, S. Yadavali, D. Issadore, Ultra-High Throughput Detection (1 Million Droplets / Second) of Fluorescent Droplets Using a Cell Phone Camera and Time Domain Encoded Optofluidics, Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C6LC01489E, 2017.
Animation of how the device works:
(34) J. Ko, M. A. Hemphill, D. Gabrieli, L. Wu, VR. Yelleswarapu, G. Lawrence, W. Pennycooke, A. Singh, D. Meaney, D. Issadore, Smartphone-enabled optofluidic exosome diagnostic for concussion recovery, Scientific Reports, 6, 31215, 2016.
(33) J. Ko#, V.R. Yelleswarapu#, A. Singh, N. Shah, D. Issadore, Magnetic Nickel iron Electroformed Trap (MagNET): A master / replica fabrication strategy for ultra-high throughput (> 100 mL/hr) immunomagnetic sorting, Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C6LC00487C, 2016.
(32) M. Magaraci, J. Bermudez, D. Yogish, D. Pak, V. Mollov, J. Tycko, D. Issadore, S. Mannickarottu,B. Chow, Toolbox for Exploring Modular Gene Regulation in Synthetic Biology Training, ACS Synthetic Biology, DOI: 10.1021/acssynbio.6b00057, 2016.
(31) H. Jeong, D. Issadore, D. Lee. Recent Developments in Scale-up of Microfluidic Emulsion Generation via Parallelization, The Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, DOI: 10.1007/s11814-016-0041-6, 2016.
(30) J. Ko, E. Carpenter*, D. Issadore*, Detection and isolation of circulating exosomes and microvesicles for cancer monitoring and diagnostics using micro- /nano- based devices, Analyst, DOI: 10.1039/C5AN01610J, 2016.
(29) H. Shao, J. Chung, D. Issadore, Diagnostic Technologies for Circulating tumor cells and Exosomes, Bioscience Reports, DOI: 10.1042/BSR20150180, 2015.
(28) H.H. Jeong, V. R. Yelleswarapu, S. Yadavali, D. Issadore*, D. Lee*, Kilo-scale droplet generation in three-dimensional monolithic elastomer device (3D MED), Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C5LC01025J, 2015. (highlighted as a Hot Article 2015)
(27) S. Shaffer, R. Joshi, B. Chambers, D. Sterken, A. Biaesch, D. Gabrieli, Y. Li, K. Feemster, S. Hensley*, D. Issadore*, A. Raj*, Multiplexed detection of viral infections using rapid in-situ RNA analysis on a chip, Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C5LC00459D, 2015.
(25) M. Muluneh, B. Kim, G. Buchsbaum, D. Issadore, Miniaturized, multiplexed readout of droplet-based microfluidic assays using time-domain modulation, Lab on a Chip, 14, 4638-4646, 2014. (highlighted as a Hot Article of 2014)
(22) M. Muluneh, W. Shang, D. Issadore, Track‐Etched Magnetic Micropores for Immunomagnetic Isolation of Pathogens. Advanced Healthcare Materials , DOI: 10.1002/adhm.201300502, 2014. This work was featured on the cover.
(21) C. Castro, A. Ghazani, J. Chung, H. Shao, D. Issadore, TJ Yoon, R. Weissleder, H. Lee, Miniaturized Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Platform for Detection and Profiling of Circulating Tumor Cells. Lab on a Chip, DOI: 10.1039/C3LC50621E, 2014.
(14) D. Issadore, J. Chung, H. Shao, R. Weissleder, H. Lee, “Ultrasensitive clinical enumeration of rare cells ex vivo using a µ-Hall detector.” Science Translational Medicine, 4, 141ra92, 2012. This work was featured on the cover
(13) J. Chung, H. Shao, T. Reiner, D. Issadore, R. Weissleder, H. Lee, “Microfluidic cell sorter (μFCS) for on-chip capture and analysis of single cells.” Advanced Healthcare Materials, 1, 365, 2012. This work was featured on the cover
(11) M.. Liong, M. Fernandez-Suarez, D. Issadore, C. Min, C. Tassa, T. Reiner, S. Fortune, M. Toner, H. Lee, R. Weissleder, “Specific pathogen detection using bioorthogonal chemistry and diagnostic magnetic resonance.” Bioconjugate Chemistry, 22, 2390, 2011.
(10) H. Chung , T. Reiner , G. Budin , C. Min , M. Liong , D. Issadore , H. Lee , and R. Weissleder, “Ubiquitous detection of gram-positive bacteria with bioorthogonal magnetofluorescent nanoparticles.” America Chemical Society Nano, 5, 8834, 2011.
(9) A.V. Ullal, T. Reiner, K.S. Yang, R. Gorbatov, C.Min, D. Issadore, H. Lee, R. Weissleder, “Nanoparticle mediated measurement of target-drug binding in cancer cells.” American Chemical Society Nano, 5, 9216, 2011.
(8) D. Issadore, C. Min, M. Liong, J. Chung, R. Weissleder, H. Lee, “Miniaturized diagnostic magnetic resonance platform for point-of-care medicine.” Lab on a Chip, 11, 2282, 2011. Amongst the top 10 most accessed articles.
(6) D. Issadore, T. Franke, K.A. Brown, R.M. Westervelt, “A microfluidic microprocessor: controlling biomimetic containers and cells using hybrid integrated circuit/microfluidic chips.” Lab on a Chip, 110, 2937, 2010.
(5)K. Brown, C.C. Vassiliou, D. Issadore, J. Berezovsky, M.J. Cima and R.M. Westervelt, “Scaling of transverse nuclear magnetic relaxation due to magnetic nanoparticle aggregation.” Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 322, 3122, 2010.
(4) D. Issadore, T. Franke, K.A. Brown, T.P. Hunt, R.M. Westervelt, “High voltage dielectrophoretic and magnetophoretic hybrid integrated circuit / microfluidic chip.” IEEE Journal ofMicroelectromechanical Systems, 6, 1220, 2009.
(2) T.P. Hunt, D. Issadore, and R.M. Westervelt, "Integrated circuit/ microfluidic chip to programmably trap and move cells and droplets with dielectrophoresis," Lab on a Chip, 8, 81, 2008. This work was featured on the cover
(1) K.C. Ku, S.H. Chun, W.H. Wang, W. Fadgen, D. Issadore, N. Samarth, R.J. Epstein, and D.D. Awschalom, "Fabrication and characterization of modulation-doped ZnSe/(Zn,Cd)Se (110) quantum wells: a new system for spin coherence studies," Journal of Superconductivity, 18, 185, 2005.
Books / Chapters in Books
(4) C. Floryan, D. Issadore, and R. M. Westervelt, "Programmable Hybrid Integrated Circuit/Microfluidic Chips." Point-of-Care Diagnostics on a Chip. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 23-43, 2013.
(3) C. Min, H. Shao, D. Issadore, M. Liong, R. Weissleder, H. Lee, "Diagnostic Magnetic Resonance Technology." Point-of-Care Diagnostics on a Chip. Springer Berlin Heidelberg,197-222, 2013.
(2) D. Issadore and R.M. Westervelt - Editors, Point of Care Diagnostics on a Chip. Springer, Berlin Heidelberg, 2013.
(1) T.P. Hunt, D. Issadore, K. Brown, H. Lee, R.M. Westervelt, “Trapping and moving cells and droplets with dielectrophoresis.” Lab-on-a-chip technology: biomolecular separation and analysis, UK Horizon Scientific Press, 2009.
(11) D. Issadore and M. Muluneh, Track etched magnetic micropore filter for highly efficient immunomagnetic sorting. Patent Number: WO2015013364-A1, 2015.
(10) A. Raj, D. Issadore, S. Schaffer, Methods for Rapid Ribonucleic Acid Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization, Patent Number: WO2015002978-A2. (Licensed by Biosearch), 2015.
(9) D. Issadore, M. muluneh, A multi-scale PDMS fabrication strategy to bridge the size mismatch between integrated circuits and microfluidics, Provisional Patent Filed, 2014.
(8) D. Issadore, M. Muluneh, Miniaturized, multiplexed readout of droplet-based microfluidic assays using time-domain modulation, Provisional Patent Filed, 2014.
(7) D. Issadore, J. Ko, Apparatus and methods for making vesicles, Provisional Patent Filed, 2014.
(6) D. Issadore and B. Chumo, Hybrid Open Channel - Paper channel microfluidic networks for instrumentation free portable medical diagnostics. Application filed, UOP- 491USP, 2103.
(5) R Weissleder, H Lee, and D Issadore, Analyte detection using magnetic Hall effect. Application filed, USSN 61/563,33, 2012.
(4) R Weissleder, H Lee, and D Issadore, Detection of targets using magnetic resonance. WIPO Patent No. 2012129281, 2012.
(3) R Weissleder, H Lee, and D. Issadore. Self-assembled magnetic arrays. WIPO Patent No. 2012047653, 2012.
(2) T. Hunt, D. Issadore, and R.M., Method and apparatus for manipulation of fluid species. 60/947,063, 2008.
(1) D. Issadore, T. Hunt, K. Adamson, R. Rogers, and R.M. Westervelt, Method and apparatus for near field irradiation. WO/2007/106402, 2007.
* Equal contribution