The main safety feature for the whole system (failure of other parts than the ELC) is the protection relay.
The following features are about potential failure of the ELC/protection relay itself.
- 4kV isolated optocoupler triac drivers -> a triac with a short-circuit will not damage the rest of the ELC, the ELC wil keep functioning
- All dump load circuits are protected via a circuit breaker -> a short-circuit in the dumpload wiring will not destry a triac or SSR.
- EMC filter against mains transients -> a noisy mains line will not crash the MCU microprocessing unit
- Varistors against high voltage spikes to the controller board -> the controller board will survive medium lightning, or overvoltage spikes. For an overvoltage protection of the whole system, see the options list
- Waterproof and mite-proof aluminum casing for the controller board -> the benefit is obvious :-), casing also acts as EMC shield.
- In case of micro processor failure, all dumploads will go on by default to prevent a run-away situation
- All relays will go into "safe" position in case of 5V power loss -> any electric water valves will close and/ or mains contactors will open
- Redundant 5V power supply -> you will be notified via SMS of a failed power supply and can replace it before the system goes down.
- Facility to connect a second AVR automatic voltage regulator for redundancy
- All important parts are temperature-monitored -> prevents overheating damage
- The 4 fans (if fans are installed in your system) are current monitored -> in case one fan fails, the system will still work and you will be notified via SMS.