Also known as AIM mail, AOL mail is a free web-based email service that is currently being used by millions of users across the globe. The mail has a plethora of unmatched features to provide its users a never before emailing experience. To access the email, you have to first create an account by providing the required details. For security purpose or to set a new password, you can go for AOL password reset anytime. For AOL password reset, you have to follow a simple set of instructions only.
You can organize the entire AOL mail according to your specific requirements and preferences. The mail also allows you to block specific senders or to mark them spam. You can also enjoy other exciting features just by exploring the email. If you are already using AOL email and have forgotten its password then reset AOL password for a fresh start.
Steps to reset AOL password
1. Go to AOL sign in page
2. Provide your registered username
3. Hit Next and then click I forgot my password
To proceed to AOL password reset, you will be asked to verify a few details. For AOL reset password, you will receive a verification code either on your registered mobile number or on recovery email address provided during AOL account creation. The third way of AOL password reset is by answering Account Security Questions and profile information. Read below the stepwise instructions for all three methods:
Send a verification code to your recovery mobile or phone number
1. Once you click this option, you will be asked to provide the missing digit in the phone number
2. Enter the same and click Submit
3. Now, choose from these two options to receive the verification code
o Yes, Send me a verification code- You will receive the code via SMS
o Call me with a verification code- You will get the code via a call
4. Now, enter the verification code in the right field for AOL reset password
5. Hit Submit
6. A success message will be displayed on the screen
7. Hit Create a new Password
8. Enter the new password and then re-enter the same to confirm
9. Click Continue and then Ok, got It
Send a verification code to your recovery email address
If you have provided a recovery email address during AOL account creation then you can receive AOL password reset link on that email.
1. When you choose this option, you will see “Do you have access to this email”
2. Click Yes, Send me a verification code to continue
3. Log in to your recovery email and search for AOL password reset email
4. Follow the instructions displayed in the email to reset AOL password
5. Click Continue
6. Enter a new password for your AOL mail
7. Click Continue
8. Hit Ok, got it!
You can now access your AOL mail account!
Answering Account Security Question and profile information
If you have Account Security Questions linked to your AOL mail account then select this option and do the following:
1. Provide the answer to your security question
2. Hit Verify
3. Now, enter the asked profile information to verify your identity
a. You may be asked to enter your name, zip code, date of birth, and other such information
4. Hit Continue
5. Proceed according to the onscreen instructions
6. Set a new password
7. Re-enter the same to confirm
8. Click Continue and then Ok, Got it
Guidelines for a strong AOL password
When you set or reset AOL password, it is recommended to create the one that is hard to guess. Passwords like “JOHN123, 123456, abcdef” are quite easy to guess and therefore, may compromise the security of your AOL account. For AOL reset password, keep the following points in mind:
1. Use small and capital letters
2. Include numeric characters
3. Use special characters such as @#$%
Above all, don’t share your password with anyone and if you do make sure the person doesn’t misuse your AOL mail account.