We're a community of men networked with medical providers concerned about prostate cancer
in Rochester & The Finger Lakes Region of WNY
OUR MISSION: to help men and their families make informed decisions about prostate cancer detection and treatment through support, education and advocacy.
OUR LEADERS: Mark and Peggy Richardson: 585 478 0897 gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark and Peggy are retired, have three children and four grandchildren, and live in Pittsford NY. Mark is a Vietnam era Veteran who holds a B.S. degree and worked at Kodak and Carestream Health for 41 years. Peggy has certification in Alternative Dispute Resolution from Cornell NYSSILR and a B.A. degree from SUNY Brockport. She was Director at the Center for Dispute Settlement, Finger Lakes Region. They welcome new guests and would like to hear from you.
Us TOO Rochester NY is the regional chapter of Us TOO International ~ an independent 501c3 nonprofit organization founded 'by' survivors, 'for' survivors. We believe no man should have to experience prostate cancer alone nor rely on any single source for unbiased medical information. For this reason, we are not aligned with any single urology office, medical practice or business. Our monthly educational programs are facilitated by medical providers from across WNY. Resulting discussions enable men to make informed decisions about prostate health no matter where they receive care or treatment. Life-partners, friends, family, providers, clinic staff and students are always welcome too. All meetings are FREE, open to the general public, and do not require a diagnosis to attend. [Click HERE for 'Us TOO International']
MILITARY VETERANS: Our members thank you for you military service and want you to know that even if you receive care for prostate cancer at the VA clinic in Batavia, Rochester or Canandaigua you can still get additional support from Us TOO! When you attend our meetings you are among those who know what you're going through!
ABOUT CHAPTER MEETINGS:
7 reasons to attend local meetings: [click HERE for the next meeting]
- NO MAN SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH PROSTATE CANCER ALONE!
- Voice your concerns about prostate cancer or its side-effects among like-minded others.
- Learn from presentations conducted by medical providers & urologists.
- Receive mutual support from men and their loved ones living through similar experiences.
- Acknowledge care-givers, medical providers, and others who care about your well-being.
- Identify obstacles to our collective wellness and how to circumvent them where possible.
- OR... simply get out of the house, kick-back with us, and enjoy the company!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Anyone wanting to learn about prostate health especially those affected by prostate cancer including life-partners, family, friends, providers, clinic staff, and students. We're a diverse group of all ages. Walk-ins are always welcome. A diagnosis is not required to attend.
WHY COME TO A MEETING:
To stay informed and share among like-minded people who have 'been there' and know what it's like.
RULES OF GOVERNANCE:
- Arrive on time.
- Respect each person*.
- Listen intently.
- Speak reverently.
- Be concise.
- Play an active part in your personal wholeness & wellness.
* All meetings for Us TOO Rochester NY and their collaborators will be conducted with ZERO tolerance for discrimination. Offenders will be asked to leave. Please report any incident directly to the Chapter Leader.
Prostate cancer doesn't discriminate. Neither do we!