See full CV for more details.
2012-2018: Independent Research Group Leader and head of the Engineering Cryptographic Protocols Group (ENCRYPTO) at the Department of Computer Science of Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany.
- PhD Thesis: "Engineering Secure Two-Party Computation Protocols - Advances in Design, Optimization, and Applications of Efficient Secure Function Evaluation" advised by Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ahmad-Reza Sadeghi and Prof. Dr. Benny Pinkas.
- Master Thesis: "Practical Secure Function Evaluation" advised by Vladimir Kolesnikov, PhD and Prof. Dr. Volker Strehl.
- Bachelor Thesis: "Secure Task Migration and Interprocess Communication in Reconfigurable, Distributed, Embedded Systems" advised by Dr.-Ing. Dirk Koch and Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Teich.
I am doing research in privacy, cryptographic protocols, applied cryptography, and computer security, including:
- Privacy-Preserving Protocols
- Private Set Intersection and Private Contact Discovery
- Private Speech Processing
- Genomic Privacy
- Secure Computation Protocols and Compilers for Cryptographic Protocols
- Hardware-Assisted Cryptographic Protocols
- Cloud Computing Security
I am involved in the following research projects.
2020-2025: ERC Starting Grant Privacy-preserving Services On The Internet (PSOTI) funded by ERC
since 2019: National Research Center for Applied Cybersecurity ATHENE funded by BMBF & HMWK
2019-2024: Privacy and Trust for Mobile Users: doctoral college funded by DFG
since 2014: Cryptography-Based Security Solutions: Enabling Trust in New and Next Generation Computing Environments (CROSSING): collaborative research center funded by DFG
2015-2019: Center for Research in Security and Privacy CRISP funded by BMBF & HMWK
2013-2016: Privacy-Preserving Computation in the Cloud (PRACTICE) funded by EU FP7
2012-2016: Center for Advanced Security Research Darmstadt (CASED) funded by LOEWE
2012-2015: European Center for Security and Privacy by Design (EC SPRIDE) funded by BMBF
2011: Trustworthy Clouds (TClouds) funded by EU FP7
2008-2013: European Network of Excellence in Cryptology (ECRYPT II) funded by EU FP7
2008-2010: Computer Aided Cryptography Engineering (CACE) funded by EU FP7
2007-2009: Signal Processing in the EncryptEd Domain (SPEED) funded by EU FP6
Honors & Awards
2019: Research Award by Intel Corporation for research on “Secure and Privacy Preserving AI Frameworks and Run-Times for Data Scientists and Service Providers”
2019: ERC Starting Grant
2016: Finalist 6. Deutscher IT-Sicherheitspreis 2016. Our submission "Praktikable Private Schnittmengenberechnung" was among the 11 finalists selected from 45 submissions.
2008: ASQF Sponsorship Award for excellent studies
2007-2008: Leonardo-Kolleg Fellow at University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
2007: Best B.Sc. (Vordiplom) at Department of Computer Science, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
2004-2008: German National Academic Foundation Scholar (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)
2003-2008: Bavarian Elite Program Scholar (BayBFG)
2003: Finalist and Laureate of 21. German Informatics Contest (Bundeswettbewerb Informatik)