Welcome to the website of the
High Bridge Trail State Park
The Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park is a group of hands-on volunteers dedicated to preserving the park and supporting its mission to conserve the natural, cultural, scenic, and recreational resources of the park as well as to provide a variety of recreational and educational opportunities and to promote environmental stewardship.
This website provides information for and about the Friends group, and the many projects that we support to benefit the park.
Still Available in Limited Supply! The Perfect Gift from and about Virginia!
High Bridge: "The End of our Fifteen Months' Labor"
New Book from the Friends of High Bridge Trail State Park
- The story of building the Norfolk & Western steel viaduct near Farmville, Virginia
- Featuring historical images created by Willis Vail, Resident Engineer, 1913-1914
- Edited and annotated by Bob Flippen and Dr. Richard McClintock
Check out our High Bridge Book web page for additional information about this exciting new book!
- Sesquicentennial Commemoration of the Civil War and the Battle of High Bridge -- Don't miss the special Civil War 150-year commemoration events!!! Events planned March 28 - April 11 at the Park and in Farmville in remembrance of the Civil War events of 1865 including the historic Battle of High Bridge. For more information including a link to a schedule of the events, see our Calendar of Events page.
- The next meeting of the Friends group is March 12, 2015. This is a special "make up" meeting since our February meeting was canceled due to inclement weather. For more information and for the complete schedule of our 2015 meetings, see our Meetings page.
(Website updated: 3/19/15)