“But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.”
We offer Sunday school classes for adults of all ages that include a combination of Bible Study and casual group discussions. Each class enjoys weekly fellowship in a friendly and loving atmosphere and serves our community through annual outreach events.
Classes meet every Sunday at 9:30 am in the education building:
- Young Adult Class (College and Career)
- Home-builder’s Class (Families and Singles)
- Hoyle Love Class (Seniors)
- Ladies Class (All Adult Women)
- Men’s Class (All Adult Men)
Weekly Bible Studies
We offer weekly Bible Studies for adults of any age to discuss how the Bible pertains to our daily life.
- Wednesday – 7:00 PM – Fellowship Hall
- Men’s Bible Study meets the 2nd & 4th Tuesday at 7:00 pm at Belle Terra Farms
Prospect has recently embarked on a spiritual formation journey with the creation of small groups. These small groups are a time for members to fellowship with other believers while also participating in devotions and Bible studies.
Please contact the church office for information about meeting times and locations.
Weekly Prayer Team
We offer a weekly prayer team whose sole purpose is to pray for our church, community, and the world around us. This group meets every Monday at 8:00 am in the Education Building.
United Methodist Women (UMW)
The purpose of the UMW is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
- The Ruth Circle meets the 2nd Saturday at 2:00 pm in the Education Building
- The Women of the Well (WOW) Circle meets the 1st Tuesday at 7:00 pm in a designated members home.
- The Faith, Hope & Charity circle meets the 2nd Tuesday at 7:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall
The UMW plays an active role in local and global missions. Annual events and projects include:
- Armenian Christmas boxes
- Blessing Bags for the homeless shelter
- Harvest of Blessings Bazaar (2nd Saturday in November)
- Spring Attic and Bake Sale
United Methodist Men (UMM)
Our mission is to support spiritual growth among men, helping men to mature as disciples as they encourage spiritual formation in others. The UMM meet the 1st Sunday of every month at 7:30 am in the Fellowship Hall.
Prospect offers social and spiritual events for seniors as they continue their spiritual journey and enjoy fellowship with other seniors. A monthly senior citizens luncheon is held on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 12 noon in the fellowship hall. Fun day-trips are planned throughout the year. Favorite trips include the mountains, the beach and historic sites.
Adult Music Ministry
We offer different ways to participate in musical worship and use musical talents. Choir meets every Monday at 6:30 pm in the choir room.