"Beloved, since God loved us so much, we also ought to love one another."
1 John 4:11
“As believers and followers of the Lord Jesus Christ and members of Prospect United Methodist Church, we proclaim through word, faith, and deed our mission to the Kingdom of God. Our purpose and mission is to be an inclusive body that ministers holistically mind, body, and spirit, to all put under our charge. We are commissioned to be the hands and feet of Jesus, empowered by the Spirit to carry out the mission of the church. We are called to proclaim the Word of God to all who will hear and witness to the life changing Grace of God in our everyday living. Finally, we are committed to be intentional in our response as United Methodist to share in the connectional ministry of church.”
love. serve. grow
The bible tells us in 1 John 3:16-18, “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”
Everything that we do here at Prospect revolves around our great love for the Lord and our neighbors. God showed us the greatest love when He sent His one and only Son to die on the cross for our sins. We can use this self-less love as an example for how we should love one another. This deep love ignites a passion to SERVE the Lord with all that we have. Through this service, as well as participation in Sunday School, Bible studies, and small groups we are able to GROW in our faith. When spiritual growth happens, love deepens and service increases. Through all of this, glory is given to God.
Prospect United Methodist Church has a rich history in the area and is one of the oldest churches in Union County. Although times have changed, we are proud to stand on the same foundation as the ancestors who built the church – faith, love, hard work, and dedication. We offer ministries and outreach programs for all ages to be involved in our church family and community as we love, serve, and grow together.
WHY SHOULD YOU BE A PART OF PROSPECT?
- We welcome everyone! Come as you are.
- We are a nice size church where your family can feel comfortable learning God’s word.
- We are a church where the whole family can worship, serve, and grow spiritually together.
- We have a great sense of church family and fellowship.
- We care about one another and know one another by name.
- We are committed to learning and growing in our faith.
- We are dedicated to sharing God’s love and serving in our community and globally.
- We are excited about serving the Lord!
- We are a church that is striving to be led by the Spirit.
“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.” Mark 16:15
- Prospect Food and Clothing Ministry
- Good News Club at Prospect Elementary
- Gift of Hope Cancer support ministry
- Pantry Packs provided to students
- Partnership with Turning Point
- School Supply Drive
- Union County Homeless Shelter
- Meals on Wheels
- Loaves and Fishes food collection
- Operation Outreach
- Red Bird Mission Trips
- UMW Local Outreach programs
- 30 Hour Famine
- Share the Love Teddy Bear Drive for nursing homes
- Relay for Life
- Monthly singing at nursing homes
- Casa Barnabe Orphange in Guatemala
- Haiti Dress Project
- Operation Christmas Child
- 30 Hour Famine
- World View Child Sponsorship
- UMW Global Outreach Programs
- Mission Trips