Are You A READY Leader?
A Ready Leader has completed Ranger Basics and Ranger Essentials training courses, as well as the Ready Ticket practical applications. Ranger Basics and Ranger Essentials are offered by certified instructors and held locally.
Ranger Basics is a one-day hands-on experience that teaches how to run successful outpost meetings, how to use the Rangers curriculum and advancement system, and how to build healthy relationships with boys and young men. You also learn soul-winning techniques for evangelism.
For more information or to bring a course to you area, contact District Director and Training Coordinator Ray Thompson
Rangerray65@gmail.com or call 850-819-7589
Need training, get with the District Training Coordinator. Check out the staff directory for more. Scroll down for more training information and check out the national website.
But first a joke:You just might be a Leader if:
- Most of your wardrobe is olive drab or khaki.
- You have holes in the pockets of your jeans from carrying a pocket knife.
- You begin to think half frozen French fries don't taste all that bad.
- You keep a bucket of water by your side while cooking dinner.
- You spontaneously break into strange songs in public.
- You can stare at a spider web for an hour, and not notice the time passing.
- You carry your own toilet paper wherever you go
- You always read by a flashlight.
- Your radio is always tuned to the weather station.
- You hoard tent stakes.
- You wear 2 pairs of socks to bed.
- You keep a lantern hanging outside your bathroom door.
- You sleep under a trash bag.
- You cannot walk by a piece of trash without picking it up.
- You carry a duffle bag size first-aid kit in your car.
- You always have hat hair.
- You continue to wear it until it stands on it's own.
- You're always counting how many matches you have left.
- You know all the words to "Little Bunny Foo-Foo", but can't remember where you left your briefcase.
- You see paint samples in a store and immediately want to name things in nature with the same colors.
- Your pots and pans are all black.
- You roast a mini-marshmallows on a paper clip over a candle; then put it on a golden graham with one square of chocolate, just to get the flavor.
- You always cook enough food for twelve.
- Pie iron pizzas is the best meal you've had all week.
- You always have a cup hooked to your belt.
- All your clothes have little pieces of egg stuck on them.
- You own little bits of every color felt.
- You open letters with a pocket knife.
- You have something on your shoe...and you're sure it's only mud.
- You eat ants on a log and like it.
- You wear bread bags on your feet.
- You know 365 one pot meals.
- Your "microwave" is a box wrapped in foil.
- When opening large gifts, you wonder if you have a piece of foil large enough to cover it.
- You buy your shampoo in little tiny bottles.
- You order pizzas 14 at a time.
- You have to urge to help little old ladies...whether they want it or not.
- Everything in your cupboard says "instant, just add water".
- You have to go to the restroom and you start looking for a buddy.
- You really do use those emergency sewing kits.
National Rangers Ministry Camp provides instruction in basic outdoor skills and activities providing leaders with the skills needed to take their Ranger boys on exciting outpost activities outside their normal weekly meeting times. Instruction in effectively implementing the team/patrol method will be offered as a means to facilitate junior leadership development. Also, leaders will be challenged to connect with God and explore spiritual manhood.
The purpose of the National Rangers Ministry Camp is to provide interactive instruction in a wide range of fun and exciting activities that appeal to boys and young men. These will include basic “modern” camping, sports fun, trade skills, arts, and technology. These are activities that men and boys can do together and serve a very important purpose: to facilitate relationship and friendships that provide mentoring opportunities.
You will be exposed to the Royal Rangers seven mentoring methods. You will receive instruction in and be immersed into the patrol method. You will experience the patrol system from the viewpoint of a boy or young man. This will allow you to better understand what it means to be a “boy-led adult-facilitated outpost.”
Each trainee will have the chance to participate in leadership opportunities, develop friendships, and learn about teamwork through fun competition and shared goals. In addition, NRMC will model positive training techniques. Each patrol will have an opportunity to earn the bronze, silver, and gold patrol of excellence awards.
Most importantly, you will be inspired to connect with God and explore spiritual manhood. You will be challenged to be a man set apart for a life of Holy discipline, to embrace life’s greatest adventures, faithfully purse the beauty of your life, and forcefully advance the cause of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You will be given opportunity to seek God for greater power to accomplish your role as a mentor of future men.
Some of the things you will be exposed to other than camping will be; Trade Skills, Archery, Air Gun, Art Skills, and Technology. There will be team building activities. All of these training activities have one thing in mind, reaching and connecting with the needs of today’s boy. If you have already attended NTC, you too can attend this camp to see the new direction that Rangers is heading in the area of training and so you will understand when your new leader tells you about the new NRMC. Be a part of Royal Ranger history and be one of the first leaders to attend this camp.
For more information or registration visit
Online training now available:
- Ranger Safety
- Outpost Chaplaincy
- Preventing Child and Substance Abuse
- Outpost Coordinator
- Outpost Committee
- Working with Boys with Disabilities
- Frontiersman Camping Fellowship