Welcome to Jiangtao's Homepage
Dr. Jiangtao Wang 王江涛
Lecturer (Tenured Assistant Professor)
School of Computing & Communications , Lancaster University
Room B65, InfoLab 21, Lancaster, UK, LA1 4WA
Email: jiangtao.wang [AT] lancaster [DOT] ac [DOT] uk
I am currently a Lecturer (Tenured Assistant Professor) with School of Computing & Communications, Lancaster University (a TOP 10 UK university), UK. Previously, I was a tenure-track assistant professor with School of Electronics Engineering and Computer Science, Peking University, China. My research interests include Mobile Crowd Sensing, Crowdsourcing, and Social Computing. In recent years, the work for optimization in mobile crowd sensing system has led to a number of top journal/conference publications (e.g, IEEE TMC, IEEE Communications, IEEE COMPUTER, IEEE Wireless Communications, IEEE IoTJ, IEEE THMS, ACM CSCW, MobiQuitous, and so forth).
I am always looking for talented potential PhD students worldwide. If you are interested in my research, please do not hesitate to contact me. Also, we strongly welcome students and scientists from China to visit my group through the support of CSC.
- Mobile Crowd Sensing, Mobile Computing, Crowdsourcing, Social Computing
Education & Employment
- Lecturer (tenured), 2019 to present School of Computing & Communications, Lancaster University, UK
- Assistant professor, 2017 to 2019 School of EECS, Peking University, China
- Postdoc, 2016~2017 Network and Services Department, Telecom Sudparis, France.
- Visiting Scholar, 2014~2015 Dept. of Computer Science, University of Florida, USA
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, 2010~2015 School of EECS Science, Peking University, Beijing, China
- [TMC] Jiangtao Wang, Feng Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Brian Lim, Leye Wang. Allocating Heterogeneous Tasks in Participatory Sensing with Diverse Participant-Side Factors. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2019. (CORE A*, CCF A, Q1) [PDF]
- [WCM] Jiangtao Wang et al, Crowd-Powered Sensing and Actuation in Smart Cities: Current Issues and Future Directions, IEEE Wireless Communications, to appear in 2019 .(Q1) [PDF]
- [TMC] Jiangtao Wang, Feng Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Leye Wang. Social-Network-Assisted Worker Recruitment in Mobile Crowd Sensing. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing , 2019. (CORE A*, CCF A, Q1) [PDF]
- [IOTJ]Jiangtao Wang, Leye Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Linghe Kong. Task Allocation in Mobile Crowd Sensing: State of the Art and Future Opportunities. IEEE Internet of Things Journal, 2018. 5(5): 3747-3757 (Q1) [PDF]
- [COMPUTER] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Qin Lv. Crowd-Assisted Machine Learning: Current Issues and Future Directions. IEEE COMPUTER. 2018, 52(1): 46-53 [PDF]
- [TMC] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Feng Wang, Haoyi Xiong,Chao Chen, Qin Lv, Zhaopeng Qiu. Multi-Task Allocation in Mobile Crowd Sensing with Individual Task Quality Assurance. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2018, 17(9): 2101-2113. (CORE A*, CCF A, Q1) [PDF]
- [COMMAG] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Sumi Helal. Energy Saving Techniques in Mobile Crowd Sensing: Current State and Future Opportunities. IEEE Communications Magazine , 2018, 56(5), pp.164-169. (Q1) [PDF]
- [CSCW] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Feng Wang, Yuanduo He, Liantao Ma: PSAllocator: Multi-Task Allocation for Participatory Sensing with Sensing Capability Constraints. The 20th ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2017); 02/2017, Portland, USA. (CCF A, CORE A) [PDF]
- [THMS] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Yafei Wang. CAPFF: A Context-Aware Assistant for Paper Form Filling. IEEE Transaction on Human-Machine Systems, pp 903-908.47.6 (2017) [PDF]
- [IOTJ] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Daqing Zhang, Haoyi Xiong, Leye Wang, Helal Sumi, Yuanduo He, Feng Wang: Fine-Grained Multi-Task Allocation for Participatory Sensing with a Shared Budget. IEEE Internet of Things Journal. pp1395-1403,3.6 (2016) (Q 1) [PDF]
- [WWWJ] Jiangtao Wang, Yasha Wang, Leye Wang, Yuanduo He . GP-selector: a generic participant selection framework for mobile crowdsourcing systems. Springer World Wide Web, 1-24. (2017) (CCF B) [PDF]
- Human Computer Interaction [CNSCC.202]. Spring Semester, Lancaster University, 2019.
My office hour is setting at 1:00 PM~2:00 PM of each Monday. If you would like to discuss any issues about the module learning or your research work, please make an appointment through my email.
Projects and grants
- Key Techniques in Data-Reuse-Oriented Quality-and-Cost Optimization for Mobile Crowd Sensing, Principle Investigator, National Natural Science Foundation of China (equivalent to EPSRC standard grant). Grant No. 61872010, 2019.1-2022.12.
- Key Techniques in Composite Mobile Crowd Sensing, Principle Investigator, National Natural Science Foundation of China (equivalent to EPSRC new investigator grant), Grant No. 61702017, 2018.1-2018.12.
- Key Techniques in Worker Selection in Mobile Crowd Sensing Systems. Principle Investigator, National Postdoc Research Foundation of China，2016.11-2017.9
- Intelligence-Integrated Software Interoperability Platform for Smart Cities. National key research and development program. Co-PI，2017.7-2020.6.
- Optimizing Task Allocation in Mobile Crowdsensing: New research perspectives, NTU-PKU workshop on AI meets IOT, Oct 2018, Singapore.
- Optimization of Mobile Crowdsensing. Young scholar forum in PCC 2018, Tianjin, China.
- Mobile Crowd Computing: From Urban Sensing to Population Health Management, CCF Forum on Smart Sensing and Urban Computing, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China, May. 2018
- Task Allocation in Mobile Crowd Sensing, CCF Forum on Smart Sensing and Urban Computing, Fuzhou University, Fuzhou, China, Oct. 2017.
- Mobile Crowd Sensing: Systems and Algorithms, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2017
- People-Centric Sensing in the era of Big Data, Tencent PhD forum in Big Data, Beijing, China, July, 2014
- Conference/ Workshop Chairs: Chair, CISC 19@Beijing. Chair, CISC 16@France. Publicity Chair, SPLC 16 @China. Workshop Chair, UIC19@UK. Poster Chair, IPCCC 19@UK.
- Conference/ Workshop TPC Member: EUSPN 16@UK, HCDCSC 16@ France, UIC 17@USA, CrowdSense 17@Netherland, IOP 18@China.
- Journal/Magazine Reviewers: IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, IEEE Trans. on Sensor Networks, ACM IMWUT, IEEE Trans.on Human-Machine Systems, IEEE Pervasive Computing, International Journal of Human Computer Studies, ACM Trans. on Intelligent Systems, IEEE Communications Magazine, etc.
- Junyi Ma, PhD student, Peking University.
- Feng Wang, Master student, Peking University.
- Xiao Ning, Master student, Peking University.
- Prof. Daqing Zhang, Chair Professor, Peking University.
- Prof. Sumi Helal, Chair Professor, Lancaster University.
- Prof. Yasha Wang, Professor, Peking University.
- Prof. Salil Kanhere, Professor, UNSW Sydney.
- Prof. Qin Lv, Associate Professor, University of Colorado Boulder.
- Dr. Leye Wang, Assistant Professor, Peking University.
- Dr. Haoyi Xiong, Senior Research Scientist, Baidu Research.
- Prof. Chao Chen, Professor, Chongqing University.
- Dr. Longbiao Chen, Assistant Professor, Xiamen University.
How to find us
We are located approximately 3 miles south of the City of Lancaster. The city is within 70 miles of Manchester’s International Airport and well served by road and public transport links.