By Tenzin Ngawang, New York
1. You speak of self-determination. Can you give us any proof of your extensive knowledge on the subject of self-determination? It could be a book you read, an article you wrote, even a foot note or a collaborated article with any other author on this subject? Do you have any?
2. 1000 visas by the Canadian government were granted recently. It was initiated during rep. Tashi Wangdi time, and materialized during Lobsang Nyendak’s tenure. Neither Tashi Wangdi is claiming for it nor is Lobsang Nyendak. Then why are you claiming sole credit for 1000 Visa to the USA?
3. You mention that you played “a key role in the formation of Tibet House – New York”. However, renowned professor Robert Thurman claims in his Bio that the Tibet House was co-founded by him along with Richard Gere and Philip Glass at the request of HHDL. Bob Thurman doesn’t mention Tethong anywhere. Why? Who is being honest in taking or giving the credit?
4. As for the establishments of Tibet Fund, Phuntsok Thonden, former representative of HHDL to America before you established Tibet Foundation. You changed the name to Tibet Fund and now you are taking credit for it without acknowledging Phuntsok Thonden’s actual foundation. Why do you think Phuntsok Thonden doesn’t deserve any credit?
5. Your job at Stanford is part-time. You are affiliated with the continuing ed program which means part-time and just over the summers. What exactly do you teach at Stanford besides Tibetan History and is it a full-time job?
6. When you decided to resign as a Kalon Tripa, His holiness accepted your resignation. Usually, when people offer resignation to His Holiness, often times, he doesn’t accept and urge them to stay because they are capable and needed for the movement. His Holiness often says, ”if you all quit, who am I supposed to submit my resignation to?” Then why did he accept your resignation? Are you sure family is the reason for your resignation or is it the Chushi Gongdruk controversy, combined with the budget deficit and the Ladakh Peshmeni Scandal where hundreds of poor wool sellers in Ladakh lost lakhs of rupees? Please make clear your involvement with these scandals.
7. Your camp has resorted to negative campaign and still does. I have never ever heard you discourage them or make them stop. Is this something you personally approve and subtly draw the benefits while ignoring the bigger picture?
8. You have proven to be an unsuccessful Kalon Tripa before. You quit the same position that you fight for today. Why do you think it is fair to send a quitter back to Dharamsala? No government in the world would elect a leader who has quit and turned his back on their people before. Then why do you think we should elect you again?
9. You boast of every single minor affiliation with any sort of association/organization as your creation/initiation or achievement. Almost 99% of the experience that you boast of today, you had the same credentials back in 1994 when you were the Kalon Tripa. You had all these experiences then that you mention today. Yet you failed miserably as the Kalon Tripa. So why should we elect you based on these same experiences again?
10. Why do you really want to become the Kalon Tripa for Tibet?
Editors' Note: As always, publication of any article does not necessarily imply endorsement by the Editors.
Election 2011 >