Sausage, Brussels Sprouts, Pasta, Balsamic Glaze
Adapted from Proud Italian Cook
Serves 2 (with leftovers) or 4 (with no leftovers)
About 1 pound Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
Extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper
4-5 links Italian chicken sausage
about one pound pasta shells
Good quality balsamic glaze
Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Trim sprouts and slice in half lengthwise
- Toss sprouts with about 1-2 TB olive oil, salt, pepper
- Place on rimmed baking sheet, cut-side down and roast until tender & golden but not overcooked or too deep a caramelization (about 20-30 minutes). Test to be sure they are done.
- In the meantime, remove sausage from casing, place in a skillet on stove and crumble into bite-size pieces.
- Cook sausage until completely done, remove and drain on paper towel.
- Cook pasta according to manufacturer’s directions and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted sprouts with the sausage and pasta.
- Just before serving, lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze and grate cheese over top.