Good Morning Bran Muffins
The recipe as written makes about 18 muffins; it doubles easily.
Put this together the night before baking, so the bran can soften and the batter thicken.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup bran cereal (buds or twigs); or 1 3/4 cups bran flakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cup raisins or currants
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups bran cereal (buds or twigs); or 3 1/2 cups bran flakes
- 1/2 C raw pumpkin seeds
- 1C chopped walnuts