Blueberry Treat Bars (Malika Ameen)
1 stick butter and 3 tablespoons
Walnuts 1 1/4 cup
All purpose flour 1 3/4 cup and 2 tablespoons
Old fashioned rolled oats 1 1/2 cups
Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
Packed Dark brown sugar 1/2 cup
Kosher salt 11/4 teaspoons
Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
Ground cardamom 3/4 teaspoon
Berry preserves 1 heaping cup
Blueberries 1 1/2 cups
Cornstarch 3/4 teaspoon
Sugar 2 tablespoons
Lemon zest, chopped 1/2 teaspoon
Lemon juice 1/2 teaspoon
Kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking tray and line with parchment paper,
leaving an overhang on two sides.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and set aside to cool.
3. Spread the walnuts on another baking sheet and toast until lightly golden and fragrant,
about 5-6 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Roughly chop into medium sized chunks.
4. In a medium bowl combine blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, zest, and lemon juice.
5. In a large bowl combine nuts flour, oats sugars, salt, baking soda, and cardamom. Add in
melted butter and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
6. Spread 3 cups of flour mixture in the pan and gently press down to form a packed layer.
Spread preserves over the crumb mixture. Now add the blueberry mixture and spread evenly.
Evenly sprinkle the remaining dough over the blueberries.
7. Bake for approximately 1 hour until top is golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.