Pete’s Power Point Station – Teacher can use this site to find premade Power Points on a variety of different topics.
Two ways to find a power point.
1. Choose by category
2. Choose from topic list
First way – by CATEGORY
1. Choose one of the following categories
For this tutorial I choose “space”
2. Some sections have introductions on what will be found. In space the explanation is
a. This section lists free presentations in PowerPoint format for asteroids, astronauts, astronomers, astronomy, black holes, comets, constellations, eclipses, electromagnetic-spectrum, infrared light, our solar system, inner planets - Mercury, Venus, Mars, Earth, the outer planets - Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, kuiper belt, oort cloud, the milky way, our moon, our sun, stars, galaxies, origins of the universe, the big bang theory, quasars, satellites, telescopes, space travel, and more! Take a look!
3. Click on TAKE A LOOK
4. A chart will appear
5. Click on the link
a. I choose “astronauts” and am given a list of Power Points
iv. Humans in Space
vi. Apollo 11
6. After choosing a more specific category such as “Neil Armstrong” I am given specific Power Points
7. From here you choose your Power Point
Second way – CHOOSE BY TOPIC
3. Click on the bottom right hand box
4. An alphabetical list of topics will appear
5. Click on the topic
6. The list of possible Power Points will appear
There are all types of topics including Religious topics such as; Bible (books) and angels.
There are also Power Points for recipes and the rodeo.
Pete’s Power Points also includes
1. Clip art
2. Games ideas for teachers to play with kids or give to kids to play (short tutorial)
a. I choose Bugs (same as choosing through the topics) and then scrolled down to For KIDS
b. Choose The Great Bug Off and it links to Discovery Kids for the game
(you can also find a link to Greta’s Games on the home page)