June 6th and 7th, 2009
Post date: Jun 8, 2009 4:46:11 AM
On June the 6th, Dave, Jill, Terry, and Kathy spent 5 hours touring the beach and discussing repairs, updates, and future plans. They met again on the 7th to continue the discussions.
The following were the focus:
- Clearing and fencing silt traps
- Cleaning up the storage yard (derelict items need to be removed.)
- Relocating the recycle center to the garbage compound
- Sandy beach stairs/ramp still needs to be completed
- Recreation area repairs and possible upgrades
- Cutting the overgrown grass on the sani-field
- Repairing the community center
- Volunteers are needed to maintain the community library - The people who borrowed the DVD's need to bring them back for others to borrow.
- Community walking paths
- Social committee needs to be established if we are going to have our usual community events.
- Arranging grading for the Salmon Beach road from Toquart Main
- Continued alder and weed whacking as directed by the SB Committee
- Reviewed letters submitted to the Executive for consideration
- Reviewed the "Security and Management" contract and prepared it for submission to the ACRD