Bestiary‎ > ‎(Bestiary) By Type‎ > ‎Outsiders‎ > ‎Kyton‎ > ‎

Kyton, Lampadarius

The gadget spec URL could not be found

Ragged wounds on one side of this leather-clad humanoid's face and body mark the transition between flesh and shifting shadowstuff.

Lampadarius CR 4

XP 1,200
LE Medium outsider (evil, extraplanar, kyton, lawful)
Init +6; Senses darkvision 60 ft., see in darkness; Perception +8


AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+2 Dex, +1 dodge, +3 natural)
hp 37 (5d10+10); regeneration 2 (good weapons and spells, silver weapons)
Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +6
Defensive Abilities semi-incorporeal, DR 5/good or silver; Immune cold; SR 15


Speed 30 ft.
Melee slam +5 (1d6), incorporeal touch +5 (1d6 Strength damage)
Special Attacks unnerving gaze (30 ft., DC 13)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th; concentration +6)

At willbleed (DC 11), dancing lights, detect magic
3/daydarkness, invisibility (self only), levitate (self only)
1/daydeeper darkness, shadowstep


Str 11, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 12
Base Atk +5; CMB +5; CMD 18
Feats Dodge, Improved Initiative, Iron Will
Skills Heal +8, Intimidate +9, Knowledge (arcana) +8, Knowledge (planes) +8, Perception +8, Stealth +14; Racial Modifiers +4 Stealth
Languages Common, Infernal, Shadowtongue


Semi-Incorporeal (Su)

Some of a lampadarius's body is composed of incorporeal shadow. As a result, it has a 25% chance of taking no damage from any non-magical attack. It takes only 75% of the damage from magic weapons, spells, spell-like effects, and supernatural effects. However, it takes full damage from incorporeal creatures and effects, force effects, and ghost touch weapons.

Strength Damage (Su)

A lampadarius's touch deals 1d6 points of Strength damage to a living creature. This is a negative energy effect. If the kyton deals Strength damage that equals or exceeds the target's Strength score, the kyton gains the benefits of death knell for 1 hour.

Unnerving Gaze (Su)

Shaken, range 30 ft., Will DC 13 negates. A lampadarius can make an opponent feel like its own shadow is attempting to claw its face. Those who fail their saves are shaken for 1d3 rounds. This ability has no effect if there is no light present to create shadows. In dim illumination, the DC increases by 2. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.