Personal Analysis (do at home) - Use Nutritional Analysis Tool to record the food you eat on an "average" day.
- Specify the correct proportions by using the appropriate pull-down menus.
- When you have entered all foods, select the "Analyze Foods" button and the "Display all Nutrients" button.
- Identify nutrients that are in excess in your diet.
- Identify nutrients that are lacking in your diet.
- Enter the percent RDA (% Rec) for each food from the far right column.
Corporate Analysis (for use in class) - Enter you data into the following form. Examine the graph of average class data. Write a brief analysis of the diet of your colleagues.
- Identify nutrients that appear to be in excess in general.
- Identify nutrients that appear to be lacking in general
Other Nutritional Resources for additional study
- Nutritional Analysis Tool - University of Illinois - Anaylsis of daily diet
- Mypyramidtracker - USDA - Anaylsis of daily diet
- Analyze Fast Foods - Database of food facts of various fast food restaurants.
- Nutrition Labels - Find nutrtion facts on common foods
- Food and Nutrition Information Center - U.S. Department of Agriculture resources on nutrition.
- Nutrition.gov - Federal Nutrition site