Welcome! Good luck this year!
All meetings are at 7:45 AM or 3:00 PM and are held in the Little Theatre. It is expected that you attend all meetings.
Next meeting will be online in March. Be sure to check your email and submit the verification form to NHS bin in the Science office (B135).
1) The application for LWC NHS Scholarship can be found in the file cabinet. Please print and return with essay to the science office (B135) no later than 3:00 Friday, March 7th.
2) Senior community service hours are due by Friday, March 28th.
1) Interested in being an officer next year? Applications can be located in the file cabinet. Applications are due by 3:00 Friday, March 28th. Please turn into the NHS bin in the science office.
2) Junior community service hours are due by 3:00 Friday, May 9th to the science office.
Community Service opportunities:
1) New Life Church Food Pantry: Every 3rd Wednesday; next one is 10/30; 3;30-5:30
In need of volunteers to check, organize, and pack food for families in need. Please contact Jennifer Huizinga @ J_HUIZINGA@comcast.net to set up a time to help.
2) New Lenox Township Food Pantry: Volunteers are needed to check, organize, and pack food for the needy families in our community.
Food pantry hours are 8 am- 4 pm Monday - Friday. Please contact Kathy Johnson @815-485-6431 to set up a time to help.
3) Do you like communications, electronics, or severe weather spotting? Please contact William Byerley @bill3pagedesk.com for opportunities to help in large group communications. Events like 5Ks and festivals need small radio operators as a means of communication.
4) Pioneer Fest at Pilcher Park Saturday, March 22 8:00am-12:00pm. See flyer in "file cabinet" for details.
If you are having trouble finding community service opportunites, check out the link below.
Download and Print Community Service Form Here.
Check the status of your completed community service hours and attendance in the File Cabinet.
Check the upcoming NHS events and meetings using the Calendar.
A reminder that all members must complete 6 hours of community service each semester you are a member. Please refer to the guidelines for acceptable forms of service to complete your hours. Members are also required to attend monthly meetings and may only have one excused absence. Members not completing the requirements above may be placed on probation or dismissed from the National Honor Society.