Non-conformist chapels

Several former chapels bear witness to changes in church life.
Alnwick's Christian heritage continues to change and evolve, and the 19th century saw a growth in lively and independently-minded movements, leading to the building of a number of dissenter’s chapels.
These were built away from the main streets in the only available land amongst the maze of medieval back lanes off Market Street: The grand Clayport Presbyterian Church of 1846 with its eye-catching twin towers, now a single house; and the Sion Meeting House of 1810 in St Michael’s Lane, now workshops.

New Methodist Chapels were also built in several places: Bethel Chapel, St Michael's Lane, is now residential.

More recent buildings still in Christian use include Percy Street Hall,
used for community activities such as family fun 'Messy Church' activities and Percy Bears playgroup.
St Michael's Pant - one of several historic wells and drinking fountains around Alnwick