Holford Houses‎ > ‎

Bowling Green Cottage

Bowling Green cottage was refurbished and extended in 2005 onwards
 
 
 
 
  
   
  
   
Owned in 1840 by Sir Percy Acland, bowling Green Cottage is one of the oldest properties around the green. In a painting by WA Rixon (1858–1948) in 1899 it is a very basic cottage. The Dinham family lived there for many years, before Leonard Dinham bought it from the Fairfield Estate in 1922, He and his wife were wonderfull gardeners and there was always something in flower. Beside the cottage, next to the fence was a fantastic blue Hydrangea.
There was another building on the plot next to Bowling Green Cottage, this later became the Orchard, it was built by Barnet Grandfield in the 1920's. He was the Grandfather of Cyril Barnet Grandfield, who lived in White Cottage
Comments