Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts
Grant Application Guidelines and Procedures
Purpose and Goals
The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund’s mission is to support string education by inspiring middle school string students through direct experience with accomplished classical musicians. Mentoring programs and high-level concert experiences are two examples.
The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund grants focus on financial need in school and non-profit music programs throughout the United States. Grants will be awarded in September of each year. Grant are made for each cycle up to $1000 and are made on an annual one-time basis.
- Priority will be given to well-designed projects that provide a comprehensive immersion into or guidance from the musical talents of advanced musicians.
- String education must be a key component of any music program requesting funds.
- Public or charter schools or non-profit/501(c)(3) programs directly funding string education, serving grades 5-8) regardless of their ability to pay, should apply.
- Schools and programs must already have an existing music program/curriculum in place. Grant funds cannot be used to pay salary of regular music instructor; however, stipends and performance fees for guest instructors and musicians are eligible.
Grant Application Guidelines
Grant funds cannot be used for the salary of music educator; however, stipends for guest instructors, performance fees and expenses associated with admission to qualifying performances are eligible for consideration.
Grant funds will not be awarded for reimbursement of expenses or purchases that have already been incurred.
The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund generally does not award charitable grants to/for the following:
- Scholarship funds
- Operating funds, deficits or debt retirement
- Purchase of musical instruments, music therapy, dance, costumes, uniforms, props
- General requests for operating funds or capital campaigns
- Event sponsorships such as, but not limited to walks, runs, festivals, camps or golf tournaments
- Programs serving people and communities outside the U.S. and its territories
Read the Grant Application Guidelines to make sure your project meets The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund funding requirements
Grant applications must be received by June 30 and will be reviewed by The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund trustees. Applicants will be notified no later than August 15.
Grant recipients are required to submit receipts verifying the funds were used as agreed and report on the results which were obtained. The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund reserves the right to request the return of the grant funds if they have not been used as agreed. The Sharon Gewirtz Kids to Concerts Fund reserves the right to promote a collaborative partnership with a grant recipient for promotional purposes.
Use this document to request a grant. To edit the document, select File, Download As, and select RTF or WORD. Use Download As. You do not need to request permission to "Download As" :)