16 Stone Shed
This historic shed was built using displaced rocks and lime mortar. It was built by the original owner of the land, Hugh Carlton, sometime in the 1860s. Its original use was for storage.
By about 1880 it was being used as a school house for the children of the Yorke and Joyce families.
In 1920, Charles Yorke used sand and materials from the beach with mortar to repair the building. From 1920, when the Williams House was built, until 1993, the building was used as a garden shed by the Williams family.
In 2005, the shed was restored by Dennis McCondach on behalf of the Far North District Council and the Friends of Williams House. It is now used to display historic items, which are in the process of being restored.