Practices are held on the second floor of the Currie Centre, in the Hatheway Family Fitness Studio.
The Beginner Program runs Monday & Wednesday 8:00PM-9:00PM
· These sessions are led by our Coach Melodie
· Monday and Wednesday are repeat lessons so feel free to come to one or the other, or both!
· All equipment is provided
· Please wear athletic pants (*not jeans*) and shoes (*clean/not outdoor shoes*)
· Bring water!
The Open Advanced Bouting runs Monday & Wednesday 8:00PM-10:00PM
· A piste will be set up for those who have fenced before and would like to come out and get some bouts going!
The Sabre Sessions run Wednesday 7:30PM-9:30PM & Sunday 1:00PM-3:00PM
· These sessions are led by Jim Stevens the head coach of Beaches Sabre Club East
· They are held at his clinic > 512 George St.
· Wednesday session includes lessons
· Sunday is an open advanced bouting session
· If you are interested in Sabre specifically, please email us so we can inform Jim about numbers, before attending.
As per the University of New Brunswick COVID-19 Protocols, all participants of any UNBSU Club or Society event, must be fully vaccinated.
As of right now the UNBsafe app is not an approved form by the government of New Brunswick, so for us to check your vaccination status we require you to bring one of the following:
· Immunization record from an RHA clinic, pharmacy or Public Health
· Photo or copy of an immunization record
· MyHealth NB record
· Proof of Vaccination from another jurisdiction
· Medical exemption certificate (proof of exemption signed by a healthcare provider or an accommodation letter signed by the Student Accessibility Centre)
*When you enter the Currie Centre, you will have to go to the front desk. They will check your vaccination status and will add the information to your UCard, so you do not have to show it again.
*You will need to bring:
1. Proof of vaccination
2. Student ID Card (UCard)
3. Piece of Government Issued ID
If you have any questions please email or DM us.
We hope to see you all at practice!