1. What is your name, background and interest with training empathy?
My name is Jin Wu. I was born and raised in China and have lived in the US for 25 years. I came to Chicago to pursue an MA in clinical psychology at the Illinois School of Professional Psychology (ISPP) where I met my client-centered mentors and found my professional home. Two years ago I got my Psy.D. from ISPP, too. I have been active in ADPCA for more than twenty years. I taught person-centered workshops in different parts of China. I participated in organizing the PCE Track at the 5th World Congress of Psychotherapy in 2008. I also co-taugbt a graduate level course on the person-centered therapy.
2. What are your ideas for forming an International Empathy Trainers Association?
I have to say that I don't have any particular idea about it at this point. I'm interested in the discussion and would like to share what ideas I'd have when I have them.
3. What sort of support do you need from IETA?
Again, I'm not sure at this point.
4. How would you like to contribute of building the Association?
At this point I'd like to join the discussion and go from there.
5. What questions do you have for others on the list?
I think I'll have more questions after learning a little about them and what they think.
6. Will you be able to attend some planning and design meetings?
What dates and times are good for you?
I would like to, but currently I'm working on my licensure exam, so maybe not at this point.
7. Any links you'd like to share.