1. What is your name, background and interest with training empathy?
I'm Csilla Jaray-Benn from France, an English language teacher interested in motivation and collaborative creative ways of teaching. Empathy seems to me being an underlying factor for both.
2. What are your ideas for forming an International Empathy Trainers Association?
I think it is an excellent idea as empathy is getting more and more focus in our society and we will need people to be able to train for and develop it on many different contexts.
3. What sort of support do you need from IETA?
Contact with like-minded people, sharing knowledge and resources.
4. How would you like to contribute of building the Association?
With input, sharing my ideas, linking with other teachers interested in empathy.
5. What questions do you have for others on the list?
How does empathy relate to different domains, fields if activities?
6. Will you be able to attend some planning and design meetings?
I might be available, but have to look at the dates and times.
7. Any links you'd like to share.
8. Other Comments?
I have recently given a conference talk on the role if empathy in language learning, its relation with motivation and how we can draw on it in collaborative and creative activities in a learning situation.