Organization: Center for Disabilities and Inclusive Education, School of Education, Savitribai Phule Pune University
Duration: From 10 February 2008 to till date.
Designation: Academic Coordinator.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Teaching Digital Accessibility, Assistive technology Designing, development, configuration and troubleshooting, Academic Accessibility, resource planning for persons with Disabilities, Diversity and inclusion etc to Graduate Students of Science and technologies and Education management.
- Conducting Research in the area of Digital Accessibility, Assistive technologies and Academic Accessibility.
- Project co-guide for several academic projects (20-25) executed in the center, undertaken by postgraduate students (30+) of computer application, education and social sciences.
- Co-Founded Center for Disabilities and Inclusive Education, , developed its strategic plan, and initiated assistive technology training program and accessibility research program for the facilitation of education of Persons with disabilities.
- Set up a special computer lab with advanced assistive technologies and developed research facilities for educational accessibility.
- Started accessibility research group at the center & currently coordinating the group.
- Coordinating Placement activities for university students with disabilities.
- Prepared draft of accessibility policies and guidelines for persons with disabilities for Savitribai Phule Pune University, Shivaji University, North Maharashtra University and Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Designed and introduced a special computer training course in Savitribai Phule Pune University (certificate in basic computing and assistive technology learning) for visually challenged college students.
- Developed Disability Support System for Savitribai Phule Pune University and its over 700 affiliated institutes.
- Development of Semi-automated Accessibility evaluation tool for Government of India Guidelines for Persons With Disabilities (GIGW).
- Implementation of web accessibility standards in university web services (Savitribai Phule Pune university)
- Implementation of Web accessibility standards in public portal of department of employment and self-employment, government of Maharashtra for persons with disabilities.
- Implementation of GIGW1.0 and WCAG 2.0 in 10 e-governance web portals of Government of Maharashtra.
- Usability analysis of biological tools and databases for futuristic enhancement.
- Study of accessibility of android system for persons with disabilities
- Enhancement of UI automator viewer tool for Android accessibility evaluation.
- Development of disability inclusion model for Indian higher education system.
- Accessibility evaluation survey of Indian online banking services
- Enhancement of accessibility of GNOME desktops for visually challenged
- Development of ERP based course management system for Department of Education and Extension, Savitribai Phule, Pune University.
- Web accessibility Consultant, Wipro Technologies Bengaluru and Hyderabad from September 2015 to April 2017.
- Web accessibility consultant, IBS Software Services from June 2015 to January 201
- Diversity and Accessibility Consultant, Bajaj Allianz Pune from 01/08/2011 to 31/03/2012.
- Web Accessibility Consultant, CMC LTD. Pune from 01/12/2012 to 31/06/2013.
- Web Accessibility Consultant, Mahaonline ltd Mumbai from August 2013 to till date.
- Accessibility and assistive technology consultant, Department of Information Technology, Government of Maharashtra from august 2013 to till date.
- Web accessibility trainer, (WCAG and ARIA, GIGW) Yashwantrao Chavan Academy of Administration and Development (YASHADA), Pune from July 2014 to till date.
- Chief technical Adviser and Co-founder, Sugamya Digital Solutions PVT. LTD. (SDS) An access consulting company.