Cheshire Local History Association (CLHA) is required to have a policy on why individuals' personal information is collected, how it is used and stored. The purpose of this policy is to comply with the Data Protection Acts and Regulations.
2. On what legal basis and why do we collect your personal information?
CLHA collects and processes personal information on the basis of ‘Legitimate Interests’ for the following purposes:-
- To record a list of members of CLHA and to manage subscription payments
- To circulate information regarding CLHA events such as quarterly meetings, AGMs and History Day
- To circulate notices and other relevant information likely to be of interest
- To manage the affairs of CLHA efficiently in accordance with its constitution
3. What information do we hold?
- Individuals' names, postal and email addresses and telephone numbers.
4. Who uses this data?
- CLHA Committee members
- The Data Controller is the CLHA Executive Committee
- The Data Processors are the Secretary and the Treasurer
5. Where is this information stored?
Records are held by the Secretary and Treasurer. The website displays details of event speakers.
6. Types of data
Electronic and paper records with individuals' contact details; emails & correspondence
7. Privacy of information
All personal data will be kept private and confidential and will only be shared with other officers of CLHA for purposes connected with CLHA. It will not be shared with or sold to any other organisation or third party. All reasonable security measures will be applied to stored files.
8. Retention of Personal Information
- Members' personal information will be stored as long as they are members.
- If a member leaves CLHA this information will be destroyed following an annual review of membership records.
- No information will be held longer than is necessary.
9. Rights of individuals
The Data Protection Acts include the following rights for individuals: - the right of access; - the right to rectification; - the right to erasure; - the right to restrict processing.
Contact CLHA at – (email) firstname.lastname@example.org – (post) Cheshire Local History Association, Cheshire Record Office, Duke Street, Chester, CH1 1RL.
o – o – o – o – o
For more information about ‘Legitimate Interests’ as a basis for holding and processing personal data see the Information Commissioner’s Office website page www.ico.org.uk and enter Legitimate Interests in the searchbox.
This Policy will develop when legislation and other circumstances change. The CLHA website will always show the latest version and a copy can be obtained from the contacts shown above.
Version: 1, May 2018