Year 7‎ > ‎

Transition Process

Please download the attached file below provided by the Department of Education.
This document contains information about the transition process between primary school high school.
The conveyance allowance is a form of financial assistance for parents/carers to transport children to and from school in rural and regional Victoria.  Allowances are available for public transport, private car and private bus.
In some locations, students are unable to access free school buses.  In these instances, students may receive a conveyance allownace to assist with travel costs.
  •  Attend their closest or non-government school/campus, appropriate to their year level, at which admission is permissable, and is located outside the Melbourne Metropolitan conveyance boundry.
  • Reside 4.8km or more by the shortest practicable route from that school/campus attend (government and non-government students) and;
  • Reside within the Designated Transport Area (DTA) for the government specialist school attended (government students only)
  • Attend their nearest appropriate non-government specialist school (non-government students only)
  • Attend their nearest recognised special setting including:
    • Deaf facilities
    • English Language schools/centres
    • Re-engagement centres
    • Secondary Teaching Units
If you reside in NSW and attend a Victorian Government school you are entitled to FREE bus travel to and from school.  You MUST provide proof of residence.  To apply and for more information, please contact the front office on 5023 0538.
nat mouvet,
11 May 2014, 18:54
Rob Stevens,
1 Apr 2014, 20:52