enturyTel, renamed to CenturyLink in 2009, is a telecommunications provider ffering high-speed Internet, email and VoIP services to residential and business customers. When you sign up your company for service, one or more email accounts are created automatically. No additional setup is required if you access your email via the webmail interface, but if you want to use a desktop email program such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Windows Mail, you'll need to configure the client with the appropriate account server settings first .
Centurylink Email login Users Face Tracking Issues With Solutions
- Is CenturyLink email POP or IMAP?
- How do I set up my CenturyLink email?
- Does CenturyLink have email?
- How do I set up my CenturyLink email on my iPad?
- What is the outgoing mail server for centurylink?
- Is it Embarqmail pop3 or IMAP?
- How to set up a webmail account for Outlook 2010
- How to access your Centurylink.net email (CenturyLink.net)
- Centurylink email login don't work in Outlook
Things you should know before setting up Centurylink email login Outlook
Here are some important things to know before connecting your Centurylink email account with Outlook.
- CenturyTel and CenturyLink are now the same company. So don't be confused, the steps to set up your CenturyTel / CenturyLink email account are the same.
- Please check your internet connection before starting Centurylink POP / IMAP setup in Outlook. A good Internet connection is required because the information you will provide during the setup process must be verified from the server.
- Reset / retrieve the centurylink email password if you don't remember it. A user is required to supply their email account password to configure it in Outlook.
- As a precautionary measure, we also recommend that you keep a backup of your important emails. In some rare cases some users are found to be missing their important emails after setting up their email accounts in Outlook.
Step to configure Centurylink Email with Outlook
The exact steps for adding Centurylink emails to Outlook depend on the version of Outlook you are using, such as MS Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019. However, the general instruction remains the same. Here, we provide the general method for setting up Century Century email with Outlook. You can make subtle changes to the steps depending on your version of Outlook.
- First of all, you need to run the Outlook application and click on the "File" option from the top.
- After that, you need to click on the "Account Settings" button.
- Open the "Email" tab and click the "New" button.
- Click on "Internet Email Addresses" followed by "Next".
- Then, you must enter the following information.
- Your name: enter your full name
- Email Address - Provide your Centurylink email address.
Choose the "POP3" option that is available under "Account Type" and provides information about the incoming and outgoing mail server as illustrated below.
- Incoming email server hostname: pop.centurylink.net
- Incoming email port: 993
- Outgoing email server hostname: pop.centurylink.net
- Outgoing email port: 143
- In "Login Information", you must provide the following details.
- Email - Provide your centurylink.net email address
- Password: Enter the password for your Centurylink email account.
- Sign in securely: SSL
Now, you should test the settings by clicking "Test Account Settings".
Finally, you can click "Next" followed by "Finish" to complete the setup process.
That's all you need to do to set up Centurylink email with MS Outlook. Now, you can access Centurylink email in Outlook without problems.
Manage your CenturyLink email Login
- Wondering where you are going to check your email or need to set up your email address?
- You may want to sign in to your CenturyLink home page, but it’s been a while and you’ve forgotten your credentials. Keep reading. The answers are here.
Where to check your web mail
- If you don’t use an account frequently or don’t trust the simplicity of a program like Outlook to deliver your messages, it’s easy to forget where you should go to check your email online.
- If you use a CenturyLink-compliant email address, you can view it from your CenturyLink home page.
How to configure your email address / username
Email is included as part of your Internet service with us. If your personalized email address was not configured when your service was installed, you can configure it now.
To set up your email:
- Go to your CenturyLink home page.
- Mouse over “My CenturyLink” tab in top navigation.
- Under “Settings” click on the “Create account” link.
- Follow the simple instructions.
- * If you want detailed instructions (as well as a short how-to video), we have that, too.
- Of course, you don’t have to use CenturyLink for email. You can use any provider you want, including: Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AOL, etc.
how to change your primary email address:
“I want to change my email from CenturyLink to Gmail. Is there an easy way to do it? Or do I have to make each name one by one? I am not familiar with Gmail, I have an account that I don’t use much. How would I do this? Thank you We look forward to your advice and suggestions “.
It is not a difficult process, but some of them can be time consuming. If you already have a Gmail account, you are part of the way there. If not, click here to learn how to create one.
- First, you will want to notify all of your contacts that you are changing their email address to Gmail. You just need to create a message and send it to everyone. Something along the lines of:
- Please update my email address from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com.
- This may be the only time I suggest using send all. Send the first email to yourself at your Gmail address. Then be sure to use the BCC line to send the message to everyone else. You don’t want each of your contacts to receive a message when one of them replies.
- You’ll also want to set up an auto or vacation reply that lets everyone who sends you emails know that their email address has changed.
- Then we will go to websites, bank accounts, etc. To deal with companies, government agencies and newsletters, simply sending an email is not enough. You will want to go to the account website and find the place to change the email address on your account with them. Sometimes there will be a link at the bottom of a newsletter or statement. Be sure to list all of your important accounts that use your email address and scroll down that list, verifying that each of them has changed.
- You can also forward emails from the address you are leaving to your Gmail account. If your old address is still active, forwarding will continue indefinitely. If the account will be permanently closed (you may be switching from ISP), you will receive the forwards while the old account is active. Go to the inbox of your Gmail account. Click on the Settings icon and choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Forwarding tab and Accounts and Imports
- Choose Add a mail account.
- Enter the old email address. (in your case the Centurylink address).
- You’ll also have the option of importing the emails saved in your old account into Gmail.
- Then log in to the account with your username and password. You will need to agree to Gmail accessing your account information. Since I don’t have a Centurylink account, my screenshot shows a Yahoo account.
Messages from your previous account will now appear in your Gmail inbox. "office.com/setup"