Who We Are:
The Burlington County Young Republicans consists of registered republicans between eighteen and forty who live or work in Burlington County. We certainly encourage those who are not between eighteen and forty to become involved as well. We hold meetings generally once a month, which consist of guest speakers, networking opportunities, and much more. BCYR is part of the New Jersey Young Republican Federation and the Young Republican National Federation.
Our Mission Is To:
- Support activism in political and social causes, including campaigns which bolster the Republican Party, its candidates, and our community.
- Provide education, training, and support for current members and future Republican Leaders at every level of elected and appointed office.
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and discussion of issues that impact politics and government at all levels.
- Provide social and networking opportunities to help one another with each person’s political and professional goals.
- Support efforts of educational institutions, which have a similar mission to the BCYR, including clubs at high schools and colleges/universities.
The BCYR is overseen by an executive board, consisting of an elected chairperson, vice-chairperson, and secretary. Other members of the executive board include an appointed treasurer, and between four to six appointed trustees.
The BCYR has five standing committees which members are welcome and encouraged to serve on:
- Membership Committee: To lead efforts that increase the BCYR Membership, broaden its geographic, cultural and gender diversity, and seek creative avenues to retain active members.
- Education & Ideas Committee: To lead efforts to provide members quality guest speakers and opportunities to learn more about the political process, discuss political issues, and exchange ideas.
- Social & Networking Committee: To lead efforts to provide creative and fun avenues for members and prospective members to socialize, network, and learn from one another.
- Action Committee: To lead efforts to engage the BCYR Members in worthy social and political causes and campaigns.
- Fundraising and Budget Committee: to lead BCYR efforts to review and monitor finances, including donations and expenditures.