- Computational Electromagnetics
- Antennas and Propagation
- Scattering Theory
- Numerical Analysis
- Evolutionary Optimization Methods
Electromagnetic Scattering and Radar Cross Section
- Numerical calculation of scattered field from a shell-shaped projectile using Physical Optics (PO) and Bézier curves.
- Scattered field formulation from a shaped subreflector using Uniform Theory of Diffraction (UTD) and optimization of the subreflector surface using Differential Evolution (DE) Algorithm to produce uniform illumination over the main reflector surface.
Optimization of Antenna Arrays
- Non-uniform linear array optimization using Firefly Algorithm (FA) to synthesize radiation pattern with arbitrary nulls.
- Application of Artificial Bee Colony (ABC) algorithm optimize uniform linear antenna array.
- Phased array synthesis using modified particle swarm optimization.
- Optimization of a Yagi-Uda antenna for high gain and low front-to-back ratio using Differential Evolution (DE) optimization algorithms.
Design, Analysis and Optimization of Reflector Antennas
- Shaped dual reflector antenna design (Cassegrain and Gregorian geometry) using modified conics and Differential Evolution (DE) optimization algorithm.
- Analytical expression derivation of fields from a reflector antenna using a novel illumination function, taking into consideration the characteristics of the feed antenna.
- Design and analysis of a dual feed Cassegrain antenna employing a dichroic subreflector.
Field Formulation, Simulation and Optimization of Horn Antennas
- Optimization of a Ku-Band conical corrugated feed antenna for a Cassegrain reflector using Multi-Objective Particle Swarm Optimization
- Analytical Closed-form expression derivation of the fields radiated by a conical horn antenna
- Design and optimization of a Ka-Band Picket-Potter horn antenna
- Design and simulation of a X-Band aperture matched horn and conical corrugated horn antennas
Microstrip Antenna Design
- Design and optimization of a dual band circularly polarized microstrip antenna.
- Analyzing the effect of metamaterials on the bandwidth of microstrip antennas.
- Monte-Carlo and FDTD simulation of two dimensional Poisson's equation.
- Fast converging two-step iterative methods for solving non-linear equations.
- Design and simulation of Frequency Selective Surfaces (FSS).
- Modeling multipath fading channels and observing effects of channel coding (Golay Code) on the BER performance.
1. M. A. Zaman and M. A. Matin "Far-field formulation of a Cassegrain reflector using a novel illumination function and aperture field integration," International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 4, Issue 6, pp 629-634, 2012.
2. M. A. Zaman and Md. Abdul Matin, “Radar Cross-Section Formulation of a Shell-Shaped Projectile Using Modified PO Analysis,” Modelling and Simulation in Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 328321, 9 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/328321
3. M. A. Zaman and M. A. Matin, “Nonuniformly Spaced Linear Antenna Array Design Using Firefly Algorithm,” International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, vol. 2012, Article ID 256759, 8 pages, 2012.
4. M. A. Zaman, M. Gaffar, M. A. Matin, "An Optimized Ku-band Corrugated Feed Horn Antenna Design for a Cassegrain Reflector Using Multi-Objective Particle Swarm Optimization," WSEAS Transactions on Communications, vol. 10, Issue 12, pp. 364-373, Dec. 2011.
5. M. Gaffar, M. A. Zaman, S.M. Choudhury, and M. A. Matin, “Design and optimisation of a novel dual-band circularly polarised microstrip antenna”, IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 15, no. 14, pp. 1670 – 1674, November 2011.
6. M. A. Zaman, M. Gaffar, M.M. Alam, S.A. Mamun, and M. A. Matin, “Synthesis of Antenna Arrays Using Artificial Bee Colony Optimization Algorithm”, International Journal of Microwave and Optical Technology (IJMOT), vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 234 – 241, July 2011.
7. M. A. Zaman, S.A. Mamun, M. Gaffar, S.M. Choudhury, M.M. Alam, and M. A. Matin, “Phased Array Synthesis Using Modified Particle Swarm Optimization”, Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Review (JESTR), vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 68 – 73, 2011.
8. M. A. Zaman, M. Gaffar, M. M. Alam, S. A. Mamun, S. M. Choudhury, and M. A. Matin, "Approximate Closed-Form Expression of the Electric Field of a Conical Horn Antenna," International Journal of Computer and Electrical Engineering vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 48-54, 2011.
1. M. A. Zaman, and M. A. Matin, "Radar Cross Section Calculation of a Shell-shaped Projectile using Bézier Curves and Physical Optics," 7th International Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering (ICECE), 2012, pp. 690-693, Dec. 2012.
2. M. A. Zaman, and M. A. Matin, "Constrained Optimization of a Yagi-Uda Antenna using Differential Evolution Algorithm," 7th International Conference on Electrical & Computer Engineering (ICECE), 2012, pp. 698-701, Dec. 2012.
3. M. A. Zaman, M. Gaffar, S.M. Choudhury, and M. A. Matin, "Optimization and analysis of a Ka band Pickett Potter horn antenna with low cross polarization," 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), pp.542-545, 18-20 Dec. 2010.
4. M. Gaffar, S. M. Choudhury, M. A. Zaman, M. I. Momtaz, M. S. Alam, and M. A. Matin, "Sensitivity analysis of a circularly polarized U-slot microstrip antenna," 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), pp.546-549, 18-20 Dec. 2010.
5. S. M. Choudhury, M. Gaffar, M. A. Zaman, and M. A. Matin, "Design of an X band aperture matched horn antenna by optimization of back-lobe and cross-polarization level," 6th International Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (ICECE), pp.550-553, 18-20 Dec. 2010.
6. M. A. Zaman, S. A. Mamun, M. Gaffar, M. M. Alam, and M. I. Momtaz, "Modeling VHF air-to-ground multipath propagation channel and analyzing channel characteristics and BER performance," 2010 IEEE Region 8 International Conference on Computational Technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (SIBIRCON), pp.335-338, 11-15 July 2010.
7. S. M. Choudhury, M. A. Zaman, M. Gaffar, and M. A. Matin, "A Novel Approach for Changing Bandwidth of FSS Filter Using Gradual Circumferential Variation of Loaded Elements", Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium, PIERS 2010, pp. 1132-1134, 5-8 July, 2010.
8. M. A. Zaman, S. M. Choudhury, M. Gaffar, and M. A. Matin, "Modeling the illumination function of a cassegrain reflector for a corrugated horn feed and calculation of the far field pattern," Antennas & Propagation Conference, 2009. LAPC 2009. Loughborough , pp.101-104, 16-17 Nov. 2009.
9. M. A. Matin, M. A. Zaman, S. M. Choudhury, and M. Gaffar, "Analysis of a conical corrugated horn operating in the K-band with low cross-polarization and high aperture efficiency, and observing its radiation patterns," Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium, 2009. APSURSI '09. IEEE , pp.1-4, 1-5 June 2009.
Submitted Manuscripts and Manuscripts Under Preparation:
1. Manuscript submitted to International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies: M. A. Zaman, and M. A. Matin, "Shaped Subreflector Design using Distorted Conics".
2. Manuscript under preparation: M. A. Zaman, and M. A. Matin, "Parameter Identification of Jiles-Atherton Hysteresis Model Using Taguchi's Method".
Last Modified on: Sept. 26, 2013.