Remote Learning Support:
For assistance from the IT Team, please use AkitaBox or email individual staff.
iPevo Troubleshooting for Video/Audio Lag Are you using an iPevo doc camera & Google Meet? See this how-to guide for managing your videoconference needs. Are you using an iPevo doc camera & Zoom? See this how-to guide for managing your videoconference needs.
Do you need to check your voicemail working remotely? Call your school’s main number. Hit * when you hear the greeting. Wait until it asks for your ID, enter your extension followed by #. It will prompt you for your password. Enter your password followed by #.
Security Tips: This resource is loaded with best practices for you, our students & friends/family: Cybersafety & You
Learn more about privacy with these privacy resources
New Help with Printer? See ZOOM FAQ
A friendly reminder regarding our process for reviewing & vetting online applications, tools, and extensions: instructional Software must follow district guidelines in concert with LCAP and agreed Board adopted curriculum. Online applications, tools, and extensions must adhere to the CA student privacy agreement to be considered for use. If you are interested in using a digital resource that requires students to log in to the resource to either access or produce content, please complete this form: LGSUHSD Technology Request Form
Please read our Google FAQ. & here's more information Google Education Apps, in AB 1584 Compliance, Data Privacy Guidebook, , Created by F3, CETPA "Pause Before You Post" video for professional development, Created by F3, CETPA and CommonSense Education. Data Processing Amendment to G Suite. Great tools for new hire orientation, and trainings/staff meetings with Administrators, Teachers, Coaches and adjunct staff. Google provides this template for parents for YouTube, Maps, and Blogger. Google+ is turned off for our students.
* CSDPA and Exhibit E to enable all CA LEAs piggyback off this privacy agreement. The CSDPA is signed once with any district and uploaded to the CA Student Privacy Alliance (CSPA) site. Then any other Subscribing LEA can download the Exhibit E and cosign. When the Subscriber LEA uploads their Exhibit E, the system knows to tie any new Exhibit Es to the original CSDPA signed, so there is a record of both the original agreement and the subscriber agreement tied to every LEA signing an Exhibit E
The executed Exhibit E serves as the written agreement between the provider and the LEA in order to meet the Ed Code 49073.1 (AB 1584) requirement for a written contract. This has been vetted by several law firms, PTAC, Kathleen Stiles, Chief Privacy Officer DOE, and the CA Attorney General’s office, so no further language should be needed.
** What are G Suite for Education core services? The G Suite for Education (formerly called Google Apps for Education) core services are the heart of Google’s educational offering to schools. The core services are Gmail (including Inbox by Gmail), Calendar, Classroom, Contacts, Drive, Docs, Forms, Groups, Sheets, Sites, Slides, Talk/Hangouts and Vault. These services are provided under the G Suite agreement.
Schools can use G Suite core services in compliance with COPPA and FERPA. G Suite core services contain no advertising and do not use information in those services for advertising purposes.
More than 50 million students, teachers and administrators in almost every country in the world rely on G Suite to learn and work together. We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of all our users, including students.
Chrome Workflow Extensions Training
Online Safety For Work/Home
- Store in the cloud. Services like Google Drive are far better than a USB key. Take free courses to be a master in Google
- If no access to cloud storage, then get a USB key (8GB or better) for your data
- Use your personal email account (Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Hotmail, etc) for personal stuff
- Never allow your browser to save or store your password to email, Aeries, etc.
- Do a practice run before presenting electronic material in class
- Save and backup your documents often
- Log out of your Email, Canvas, Aeries, Google, and other accounts when finished
- Check if our content filter allows your site before presenting it in class
- Be version aware...If you use ClarisWorks at home your files may not work with our iWork 11
- Take care of our computer equipment and peripherals, they have to last 7+ years