Science at TWC
- TWC will ensure inquiry-based science education for all students. Students will demonstrate mastery of essential science processes and concepts at each grade through engaging, multidisciplinary learning experiences.
Science Mission Statement:
- The mission of TWC is to ensure the educational success of all students by having high expectations, a commitment to excellence, with instruction that incorporates and integrates science content, cross-cutting concepts, engineering, technology and math through collaboration.
New for 2017-2018:
- Students in grades K-5 will be experiencing updated lessons based on the Next Generation Science Standards. These learning opportunities are based on our inquiry based model with imbedded engineering and technology.
- Students in grades 6-8 will continue to actively engage in hands-on learning that include technology and engineering. This includes learning to use our 3D printer!
- All grade levels have extra science content as part of balanced literacy, including authentic text to read and research. Students will have opportunites to listen to read alouds and participate in shared reading of texts that are all about science and health topics.