RAZ Kids & Lexia Core 5
We're happy to inform you that your student has access to hundreds of eBooks using the school’s subscription to RAZ-Kids. Children can read and listen to books on RAZ-Kids and even record themselves reading. Afterwards they can take a quiz to check for comprehension. You can access RAZ Kids on a computer, tablet, or phone (including iOS and Android devices).
To access your child’s assignment, log in using your teacher's RAZ Kids user name, click on your child's name, and type your child's password.
Mrs. Hansen: teacher username nickyhansen
Mrs. Horne: teacher username mrshorne
Mrs. Juarez: teacher username ajuarezi
Mrs. LaMonte: teacher username alamonte
Monitor your student’s progress
See which books your student has been reading, send them messages, and review their activity with the Parent Access area. If your kindergarten teacher had not entered your email, you should have already received an email from RAZ-Kids regarding log in information. For some of you, your kindergarten teacher had already entered your email address so you should have received an email from RAZ-Kids with Parent Log in information. If you forgot this information, simply go to your teacher's link above, log in as your student, click the “parents” link in the top right, and then click “log in”. It will prompt you if you forgot your password.
**Please note: your child’s password may have changed from last year.**
Lexia Core 5
This year your child will be using Lexia Reading Core5® , a fun computer-based program that has helped millions of students. The activities in Core5 support and build on our classroom curriculum and focus on developing reading skills in six areas: phonological awareness, phonics, structural analysis, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension. Here’s how Lexia Reading Core5 works:
● Your child begins Core5 at a starting point that fits his or her needs and works in online activities throughout the week.
● Online activities include direct instruction and feedback as your child learns new skills.
● Progress and performance in the program is reported so teachers can provide help when needed.
● Paper-and-pencil activities are also used for practice and may be done in school or brought home.
● Achievement certificates may be sent home to celebrate success and to show progress in the program. We hope you share in our excitement about this program!
Lexia Reading Core5® can be used at home for extra practice. Getting started is easy!
1. To use on a computer, go to www.lexiacore5.com.
2. To use on an iPad, iPad mini, or Android* tablet, download the free Lexia Reading Core5 app from the App Store or the Google Play store. *Android support is limited to these devices: Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Google Pixel C, and Google Nexus 7” (2012 and 2013) and 10”. The app will not work on other devices, including Kindle.
3. The first time your child uses Core5, you may need to enter the teacher email shown below. Your child can then log in with the username and password used at school and sent home. Username & Password are the same as your GoMath Think Central log in already sent home.
4. It is important that your child works without any help while using Core5. All of the work your child does at home is recorded and reported to school. This way, teachers can see when help is needed and provide additional instruction at school.
5. If you have a question about your child’s username or password, please contact your child’s teacher.