About Gladesmore‎ > ‎

Concerns and Complaints Procedure


If you have a concern or complaint 
We would like you to tell us about it. We welcome suggestions for improving our work in the school. Please tell us of your concern as soon as possible. It is difficult for us to investigate properly an incident or problem which has happened some time ago. 
What to do 
Concerns and complaints can almost always be sorted out by sending in a note or by speaking with an appropriate member of staff. The Office Staff can advise you who this is. Parents/Carers and pupils should contact the Tutor, Head of Year or Head of Faculty. Other members of the community can contact a Learning Mentor, a member of the Leadership Team or our Safer Schools Police Officer.

If you have a complaint which you feel you should be looked at, in the first instance, by a member of the Leadership Team or that should be brought to the attention of the Associate Headteacher or Headteacher you can write to them straightaway if you prefer. Sometimes, it is best to discuss the problem face to face. You will need an appointment to do this.

Staff will make every effort to resolve the problem informally. They will attempt to understand what you feel went wrong. They could ask what you would like the school to do to put things right. Of course, this does not mean that in every case they will come round to your point of view but it will help both you and the school to understand both sides of the question. Our aim is to be balanced, fair and reasonable. It may also help to prevent a similar problem arising again.

Complaints are recorded.